Stuggling to create chances and to many draws

Hi,I'm currently managing Chelmsford and I'm struggling to create chances and my team draws a lot.I'am currently using the 4-2-4 system,with the roles as follows.

Advanced Forward -   Deep lying forward(s)

Winger(a)                                                                    Inside forward(s)

Central mid(d)     Box to Box mid

Full back(s)   Central Defender(d)    Central Defender(d)  Full back(a)

I.have no player instructions,my team mentality is defensive and my team shape is flexible.My team instruction are:

Tempo:Normal

Width:Wide

Defensive line:Higher

Passing :Short

Final Third :Work ball into Box

Freedom of movement:Roam from positions.

During the match my players seem to dilly dally around the edge of the box,kind of like Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool against deep defending teams.Only for me it happens with all the teams.There is no penetration what's so ever.The first 5 matches were Ok,I as creating chances and scoring.But i guess the AI has figured my style just like Klopp.I have tried pass into space when then opposing team pushes up,no effect,Run into defense when the opposing team sits deep no effect.So what could be the issue?Could it be the roles or my team instructions.The reason I have think i have a winger an an Inside forward is to try and make my play a bit more varied,It can't be my players because during the first five 5 games they where in fire.

Your playing defensive with a very attacking formation that has a lot of players on advanced starting positions.  Your team is happy to just work the ball around safely until a high percentage opportunity opens up but are players positioned to do this?  The only two players looking to play risky passes are in amr and stcr.

If you tried pass into space and opponents pushed up thats exactly what you want!  It doesn't really help against deep organized defences since where is the space to pass into?

I think the simplest thing to try is just to go to Counter and see if the extra tempo, width and risk taking helps.

The other thing to look at is moving the forwards and midfield around so the cm-d covers the fb-a and let's the if-s use the space in front of him.  The bbm can use the space created by the winger.   If the dlf is on the left with the w-a making runs past him that should be a better combo with the bbm helping to.  The AF on the right with the if-s cutting behind him and playing him through with the fb proving wifdth should be a better combo to. 

Archived