Alianza Atletico: Vamos Los Churres

argento

Mid Season 2025/2026 Update

copalibdraw2_zpszyccq5t7.png

We won the group with ease our only defeat was to River when we had 8 players missing on international duty.  I was hoping to avoid any Brazilian sides in the 2nd round but a few of the Brazilian sides failed to win their groups with Flamengo, Internacional, Gremio and Palmeiras all finishing runner ups so as you can imagine low and behold I return to Brazil.  

copalibdraw_zpsqnulr7jt.png

copalibdraw3_zpsnmeq6krp.png

The league has been a bit of a surprise this year with Cristal and Melgar really struggling this season, however it is a long way to go so I can't imagine they will struggle for much longer.  We won our first 10 games on the bounce but then lost 2 in a row before finding form again.  Hurtado hasn't performed as well as I had hoped but Kaue and Jimenez are more than making up for it.  I have turned

down plenty of bids from Brazil for Sanchez and Garcia.  One player has left, he is our best defender by a mile but the money offered at his age was worth it.  I have adequate cover for now, look at how much money he is on in the middle east, no wonder he wanted to go!!!!

araujoout_zpsxl85wjcz.png

araujout2_zpsp4vnydk5.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fack_zpsd2323fk1.png

Our home form got us through again, Kaue once again being the hero with a late brace, although away goals would of ben enough.  The biggest surprise so far this year has been the performances of the Brazilian sides they have won it every year from 2018 but as you can see from the results below they are dropping like flies with just one team left in the tournament going into the final 8.  We have been drawn against Racing, the pick of the round is the superclasico between Boca V River, Cruzeiro will take on one of the Mexican sides and this could finally be our year!

fack2_zpsau1e29me.png

Couple of changes in the summer transfer window as the following come in

newsign3_zpsqzx3fp7j.png

Colombian left back from Medellin signed for £375,000 can't play for us at the moment due to squad registration rules and is one for the future has gone to Paraguay on loan for the remainder of the season for £10,000 a month.

newsign2_zpsv6eomdev.png

My record signing for a cool £1M, looks a tough of class already and will only get better.  Managed to avoid the agents insistence of a release fee by throwing money at his ages. Hopefully the move proves the correct one. As Uruguayan does take up a precious foreigner spot but will be worth it

newsign1_zpsnyewvgcb.png

I actually signed this kid last summer for £100,000 but as he was only 17 has only just joined from Flamengo.  Will not feature much yet but with various clubs chasing most of my midfielders I have a ready made replacement.  Brazilian so another foreigner which is a problem so I am going to have to revisit the situation at the end of the season, maybe if I can hold onto Sanchez and co for one more year and send him out on loan and we could be ok.  Could really do with Kaue just getting his residency sorted hes been with me for 8 years now, surely he wants to play for Peru.......

Out the door goes Elias Parisi the Argentine defensive midfielder on loan as he returns home for £10,000 a month to Godoy Cruz.  Beginning of the end for him as with all the non Peruvians signed he will be surplus here.  He returns end of June next season hopefully his time will prove successful there and I can make some cash as well.  

Apart from that we remained whole for the remainder of the season as we continue to try and win that elusive Libertadores.  A few unsettled defenders at the moment Reinaldo who joined in January is having his head turned by America MG but I am not selling him for just £200,000 as they are bidding.  Selling him would help the squad registration issue of all these players and I have my eye on a Peruvian replacement but until that is set in stone I am not selling him, defence is not my strongest position so I don't want to weaken it if I don't have to yet.  

yesyesyes_zps6k4dsa2d.png

We manage to just do enough at home again to make the final 4, absolutely delighted.  Also to my shock there is no Brazilian team in the last 4 as they crash out to Tigres, could this finally be our year? We have had a tough ride to get this far and if we are going to lift the trophy we will do it the hard way having come through all the qualifiers, we also have been drawn out against Cruzeiro's conquerers!  Let's do this!

yesyesyes2_zpsea8o4vow.png

nonono_zpssg3oclde.png

That own goal at the end could really come back to haunt them, delighted to salvage the tie somewhat and if we can keep things tight at our end we have a shot of going through at least on away goals.  Missing Asenjo and Sanchez in the middle for the 2nd leg so Le will come in and I will probably drop Garcia back to the CM role and give Cueva a cameo.  River beat Independiente 1-0 in the over game, we have a good track record against them.  Still with us being a goal down going into the 2nd leg we can't look past the task at hand

finsl_zpsuswuap0v.png

Cueva came up trumps.  He is 33 now and with only 3 months left on his contract he may have just earned himself an extension here.  Dramatic scenes as we head to the final for the first time in the clubs history as we take on River Plate.  We have played each other 4 times in this competition with 2 wins a piece and have scored 8 goals and conceded 8 goals so to say its a 50/50 would be an understatement!  Vamos

So we won the first leg, all we had to do was hold that lead and we are Champions of South America.  

4 minutes in River 1-0 up after a poor back pass.  We struggled to create anything meaningful in the first half and we entered the break still 1-0 down, I gave the boys a much needed pep talk and it worked slightly with Kaue going close and then Sanchez hitting the post with a free kick, with the clock winding down River had Vega sent off and although we couldn't get an equaliser we had done enough, away goals we have done it.

But there was no pitch invasion and the game moved into extra time and I soon realised that for the final away goals were no longer in play.  With the man advantage I pushed all out attack but no sooner had extra time began Olaya got him sent off restoring parity.  With a lot of tired legs on the pitch I decided to push on the attack and with the help of a big deflection Hugo Hurtado managed to roll the ball past their keeper and tie the game up, we held on.  We are Champions!!!!!!!!  9 years in the competition and we have finally managed to win it, admittedly the Brazilian teams faltering early helped us but we still had to get past 3 of them due to the preliminary rounds.  Bring on the World Club Cup!!!

2ndleg_zpszl7kxpyj.png

copachamp_zpsbwxxifeh.png

Have just finished regular season and when I am asked if I want my first leg home or away for Championship play off semi final it crashes regardless of option chosen, I have put this in the bugs thread so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. So we will have to wait on the Club World Cup, gutted.

and we are back 

cwc_zpsi0enamhf.png

The Chinese may have had wealth on their side but we had fortune, Kaue continues to have his best season yet for the opener and Pena ghosted in to confirm our place in the final, no pressure lads only one the biggest teams in the world to beat

cwc2_zpsldxx0fkg.png

cueva_zpso704psxf.png

The double is complete!  With the game pretty much locked up after the 1st leg I decided to give 34 year old Christian Cueva a send off and started him and he only banged in a hatrick!  Couldn't believe, I decided after all he had done this year he should get a new deal.  He is only a bit part player but we often have to play during the International breaks and he can definitely fill in when required and he would be a real asset for one of my rivals. 

With us having had a very profitable season and the board already agreeing to improve the training and youth facilities I decided to ask for a stadium expansion even though we had just moved back to the Atletico Alianza Stadium and played just this one game they agreed.  Is only going to take a few months and it will just reduce our capacity slightly while we are waiting.  I can't wait for some good gates in our 36,000 all seater stadium.  Despite the board agreeing to this it still came after the tax bill so we still have £10M+ tax bill and £6M given to the board. So yet again our finances will yo-yo but this time its my fault for trying to squeeze all this stuff in. Either way we will have a great stadium to fill and top class facilities

commercial_zpsxolxs39q.png

So our old TV deal expires after this season and I am delighted to see the new 5 year deal has doubled again meaning we will get £3.84M a year now.  Also some decent improvements on the kit sponsors as we look to try and consolidate finances without having to sell players.

Transfers
Out

Reinaldo £2.7M Vasco - The Brazilian centre half returned home and was a decent profit after a years service, I have acquired too many non-Peruvians and I have options at centre back so decided to cash in
Percy Yahuana £275,000 Juan Aurich - Promising striker but we have stacks of talent there
Jose Cruzado £69,000 Melgar - Surplus to requirements and unhappy
Josimar Rebosio £26,500 Defensor La Bocana - Didn't make the grade

In
Pier Yovena Free Universidad Catolica - Centre back returns after a 3 year spell in Chile
Vanderson £140,000 Sao Paulo - Promising AMC/FW from Brazil
Mario Risco £675,000 Cristal - Promising midfielder, went straight on loan to Colo Colo for £25k a month which will pay back some of his transfer
Miguel Rengifo £475,000 Cristal - Another promising midfielder nabbed from our rivals has gone to Ecuador on loanfor some first team football

Here is the squad with some youth prospects added that may feature over the course of the season

squad3_zpsabpbqzdi.png

So we go into the mid season break with great form in the league and in the Libertadores!

league3_zpspxp7ztrh.png

Juan Aurich continue to yo-yo after last seasons impressive performance after they qualified for the group stage of the Libertadores.  Allianza consistent as ever and Cristal not doing bad considering I picked up 2 of their best players again.  We have had some luck with some late goals and a few games that would of been draws last year have been converted to wins and we are undefeated so far.

league4_zpssjpzw4ng.png

Managed to top our group again in the Libertadores and remain unbeaten in it for the first time after drawing at the Maracena and winning all other fixtures.  All 8 Brazilian sides qualified for the 2nd round with 6 teams as winners so despite topping our group you guessed it we got one of the two Brazilian teams I could of faced as I meet Santos next!

2 of our players made provisional world cup squads Hurtado for Colombia and Castro for Uruguay but neither made the final squads.  Only one former Alianza player at the tournament our old Brazilian left back Junior who has taken up Mexican nationality and will hope to debut in the finals.  Peru failed to qualify this time but they kept faith with their manager so no opening their for me.  Bit of a surprise in the World Cup again as Croatia stunned everyone along the way to retain the trophy!

wc26_zpsqpcemw5b.png

Finally after losing this guy to PSG on a free many years ago he has rotted in their reserves ever since, his development stunted but he will be more than adequate for this level.  Managed to convince him to come while still playing in France which shows how much his stock had fallen

araujoreturn_zpsgj0vbaco.png

Elsewhere Argentine defensive midfielder Parisi who was on loan at Godoy Cruz has gone to Bahia in Brazil full time. Couldn't fit him in my squad with all my Brazilians anyway and as we are paying over £1.2M a month in Corporation Tax I decided to part ways with him.  Could do with one big sale to balance the books this year but I am only going to sell for the right offer.  

santos_zpseqcsjcjo.png

We left it late but we got the job done!  Araujo with a man of the man performance on his return to the club, he could prove quite a coup for the club.  So we managed to get past them and unlike last year the Brazilians have returned to form and normality has been restored.

normalityrestored_zpsyouy4pvb.png

leout_zpsfbyje9qf.png

Le was being chased by a few European clubs but they weren't willing to stump up the cash so he heads back to Brazil, unfortunately it doesn't help out our awful finances this year as the move won't be completed till the 1st of January.  Still a decent return on the player and I have a lot of options in the middle especially with the two lads from Cristal I signed who are currently out on loan.  I have so far recruited one player as I have raided Penarol for a 2nd centre back and this one was very cheap as he has a £325,000 release clause for foreign clubs. Here is a screenie of this new beast, look at the size of him!

rosano_zpscdtyqole.png

castroout_zpst8v9wiga.png

As one Uruguayan arrives the other leaves.  Good bit of profit and with over £5M up front has helped stem the losses, also getting £200k a month for the next 2 years will help keep us tick over, I am hoping they will offer me some decent cash for his sell on clause.  

I forgot to withdraw the internationals from the friendly squads and as such we are facing Sao Paulo in the Copa Recopa with no team, as you can imagine it did not go down well

fuck_zps08m5uucz.png

fuck2_zpsjzvbatgj.png

gremio3_zpsdra7e1ws.png

So we got over our Recopa heartbreak with a win against Gremio at home, not happy that they have an away goal but we have the advantage.  Good crowd too which will net us a decent gate as well.  

Out the door went one more player as Juan Diego Li who I picked up on a free way back in 2018 joined Monterrey for £300,000.  He has been a stalwart of my side and been capped 30+ times by Peru but Miguel Olaya is now a better full back and needs more game time so I let the veteran leave, he had been angling for a move for a while so I decided I would let him leave.  Jose Garcia replaces his as Captain and my keeper Rodrigo Rodriguez steps up to vice captain which should hopefully make him happier since Flamengo have been trying to unsettle him.  We got our youth intake and I have my nationality set to Argentinean and we got a few non-Peruvians for the first time two Argentine's and a Uruguayan, one of the Argentine's looks very tasty and Defendi was very pleased with him.  I only have one natural LB at the moment so I will probably give him some games this year as we have a top 4 spot sewn up and some game time before the play off finals will only help speed his development up.

alvarado_zpsb9usndxe.png

youth2_zpsc41bqnh6.png

A straight forward league campaign just one loss in 48 games!  Jimenez finished top scorer again with 26 goals. He has been attracting interest in Mexico and Argentina but I am hoping his £15M minimum release clause will deter any sale.  Elsewhere after pumping loads of money in our youth it looks like it is starting to finally pay off as the young lads brought home the trophy for the first time.

youth_zpsndke7asl.png

With that said lets spend some more money

youth3_zpscz02bkee.png

And finally we have another foreign spot open after club legend Kaue finally took up residency and has even made the National side.

kaue2_zpsnznpql60.png

We managed to survive the transfer window with just one major player departing as someone finally paid his release as he joined Corinthians for £15M.  This puts us firmly back in the black and with us now getting £350,000 minimum per home game in the Libertadores as long as meet expectations and get to the quarter finals will cover half the wage bill for the whole year!

We go into the summer break top of the league and with just one loss in the 21 games, Alvarado my best regen to come through who I posted earlier has been playing week in week out after Olaya was injured opening day after 4 months out.  He has been improving loads already and has gone to 2*CA.  I hope he stays off the radar of Argentina and chooses Peru.  9 of our players have been called up to the Copa America squad for Peru, would of been 10 but star striker Yoshi Jimenez is injured which sucks as he has been in fine form for us with 19 goals in 24 games.  He has started to settle on the International scene with 9 goals in 25 caps.

update2_zps56g0vzuv.png

update3_zpscudn9btp.png

Great results here, admittedly we had the easiest draw with Vitoria being the weakest of the Brazilian teams and they even failed to get out of the group, we obviously drew a Brazilian side again in the next round.  Alianza Lima have also gotten out of the group the last 3 years in a row which I hope means the league is getting stronger, we wont ever get much higher than the top 2 leagues but we must be getting close to getting a better reputation than the Brazilian 2nd division that have the 3rd spot.

update1_zpsem8sdhxn.png

With the summer break upon us I was hoping to keep the squad whole and I don't need to sell but I got a big offer for Asenjo, I brought Risco and Rengifo last year from Cristal so I am hoping one of them two can finally step up.  Some decent add ons as well.  We have made a fair bit of cash with selling Asenjo and Garcia means I have made over £25M and so the only downside is we will have yet another big tax bill next season.

asenjoout_zps1qaneg2d.png

I had a look at the Peru squad for the 2027 Copa America squad and out of the whole side only 4 players have not played at some-point for Atletico Alianza. 

perusquad_zpsizjt518v.png

Peru had an excellent run getting all the way to the final which means the coach stayed on so I am going to have to continue to wait for the national job!

perusquad4_zpsyzbsszin.png

Former midfielder Jose Garcia had a great tournament and current players Jose Moreno and Ricardo Rodriguez got recognised for their form.  

perusquad3_zpsulbdenj7.png

perusquad2_zpsrdcudz7z.png

In other news we had our last training and youth upgrade finished and here is a look at our facilities now, they have come a long way over the past 11 years!

facilties3_zpsatewbg4g.png

flamingo_zpshlqvy6p0.png

I thought we might have snatched an equaliser at the end but it wasn't to be, Flamengo are currently manager less and performing poorly in the league so I was hoping for a better result but if we keep things tight in the return fixture we should at least get through on away goals.  I've signed two more foreign players as I was expecting 2 of my current ones to take up residency but no luck yet.  Rosano has been getting a lot of attention from Porto and I have turned down a few decent bids for him but I may have to let him go in order to get one of these guys registered.  At least they can play in the Copa Libertadores as it seems there is no restriction there.

flamingo2_zpsa0do00jo.png

Didn't need to worry about away goals absolutely smashed them admittedly 2 own goals aided our cause.  Yoshi Jimenez has now scored 35 times this season with 10 of them in the Libertadores.  Our reward? Another tie with our old pals Gremio, they knocked us out at the same stage last year on away goals I am hoping this year we can avenge that.

flamingo3_zpsxksf5z4f.png

gremio4_zpsvnah0zro.png

Great result in Brazil, would of preferred a score draw but at least we are still in the hunt

These are the 2 new signings, both full backs.  Millan was on a free and Gonzalez was on a month to month contract in Caracas but still ende up costing us £525,000 in compensation. I have made room for them by shifting Reina out on loan to aid his development he joins Rosario in Argentina. Apart from Asenjo one other player left us permanently as Sergio Pena left for Mexio to join Cruz Azul for £125,000 he has been with us got 7 seasons after 251 appearances and 32 goals.  He was becoming more of a bit part player and is contract was expiring in January and at 32 was not going to get a new deal anyway.  Like always if he does become staff after he hangs up his boots I will try and bring him home.

millan_zpsca0tnz9a.png

gonzalez_zpszdacwogm.png

gremio5_zpswkjinfbd.png

gremio6_zpslcqsapia.png

We march into the semi finals and take on River again.  With such a limited pool of sides in the tournament we do come up against the same teams year in year out.  Great shot of reaching the final.  We are on par with most of the top sides now and our home form has been fantastic in this tournament so as long as we don't cock up away we can bring home the trophy!

final2_zpsyknqepxy.png

Despite missing half a team we done it, and they said you can't win anything with kids!  Was hoping for a draw at best.  Vanderson and Eder my Brazilian's ran the show!  Eder has been in the country long enough for residency but he's still waiting on that elusive Brazilian cap. Now having the same problem with crashes as I did a few years ago, frustrating!

So all patched up and we are back in the mix again, straight into the world club cup and we march into the final where we take on Man City.  Yoshi Jimenez scoring again he is now on 49 for the season I don't think I will be able to hold onto him for too much longer now

world%20club%20cup_zpsrooawgm5.png

world%20club%20cup2_zpsfxedjbu8.png

we were outclassed but I expected to be, happy to put 2 past them though!

world%20club%20cup4_zpsmxisoysg.png

Wrapped up the league with a 3-0 aggregate win over Alianza in the final. Also Yoshi after his exploits this season was named South American Footballer of the year!  New seaosn preview be up for tomorrow!

world%20club%20cup3_zpsncgxbyuv.png

Shame you haven't had much comments on this, because I think this might well be one of the most interesting careers here at the moment! I've wanted to do something similar for a while (attempting to build up a team from one of the "lesser" South American nations) but never got round to it. Very well done to win 2 Libertadores with a Peruvian side. Just the Club World Cup missing now!

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Shame you haven't had much comments on this, because I think this might well be one of the most interesting careers here at the moment! I've wanted to do something similar for a while (attempting to build up a team from one of the "lesser" South American nations) but never got round to it. Very well done to win 2 Libertadores with a Peruvian side. Just the Club World Cup missing now!

Thanks!  It has been quite a journey, I think we could do it but we will need to do it soon I feel as it is going to be harder to keep this side together

kauegone_zpshmfyp0rg.png

Yes Kaue finally leaves us, he began asking to leave this year and he is no longer a starter so I decided to let him go and we got a decent fee.  He was a tremendous servant and one of my first success stories signing from Palmeiras for just £4,400.  He left as our record goal scorer with 184 league goals, in total he played 411 times for us with 232 goals in all competitions.  He leaves as a club icon after a decade with us.  He heads to Qatar where he has signed a one year deal worth £120k a week, he will earn more there in one year than he did in a decade with us.  Even once being made South American player of the year.  I wanted to hang on to him to have him retire onto the staff but felt after all he done for us I should honour his wishes.

rank_zpskedxiisd.png

After our 2nd Libertadores win in three seasons we have finally moved above the Brazilian 2nd division into 3rd place!  That took some doing.  Could we go any higher?  I seriously doubt it.  The Libertadores spots are fixed and not based on league reputation so we would never have the spots Brazil does.  Our individual TV deal and sponsorship has been increasing every year but I don't know how the finances for the other clubs are.

Up next pre season preview

Squad 2028/2029

GK

1. Ricardo Rodriguez - Undisputed 1st choice for us and the national side.  Has 27 caps now and has been our no1 for the past 6 years.  Joined for £42,000 back in 2018 has now played 248 times for us with 126 clean sheets, very good ratio.  Has been courted by most of the top Brazilian clubs but I inserted a £10M release clause in his contract.  Have him tied down for 3 more years thankfully

13. Nelson Perez - Picked up on a free back in 2024 when released by Alianza has only made 5 league appearances will only play in the result of an injury to Rodriguez, currently very unhappy.

Defence

2. Miguel Olaya - Joined for £425,000 back in 2024 and is now one of our best players, has been attracting interest from Turkey and Brazil, I have a £8M release on his contract.  The right back has 17 caps now and at 26 is reaching his prime.

3. Miguel Gonzalez - 20 year old Venezuelan wing back already has 14 caps, his agent brought him to my attention and he was on a month to month deal with Caracas but it still ended up costing me £525,000.  He signed for the back half of the seaosn and scored twice and got 4 assists in just 14 games so I am expecting big things this season

5. Nestor Rosano - 21 year old Uruguayan centre half signed 18 months ago from Penarol when I met his foreign release of £325,000. A class act and has attracted interest from Brazil, Spain and Portugal. I turned down £5M from Valencia and he has got a bit upset but I have triggered his 2 year extension so I don't lose him for nothing next January

6. Pier Yovena - In his 2nd spell with the club after a a 3 year spell in Chile didn't work out he returned on a free, has 29 caps for Peru. Delighted to have him back with us

12. Roberto Olaya - 22 year old left back with 6 caps for the national side. LB is one of our most competitive areas, a product of the youth academy was injured for most of last season and with the emergence of Alvarez and the signing Gonzalez his days could be numbered.

19. Eduardo Morales - From my first ever youth intake he is now entering his 12th year with the club and has made over 300 league appearances. He has been capped 12 times.

21. Marcos Millan - Mexican wing back, signed on a free after he left Toluca.  Was surprised he agreed to join us and will provide good competiton for Olaya.  

23. Angel Alvarado - 18 year old left back, Argentine born and came in my youth intake year before last and with Roberto Olaya injured for most of last season he played 32 times and got 10 assists.  Surprised no bigger clubs have sniffed round him yet, have him tied to a long term deal.

27. Victor Campos - Another player from our youth intake has been around a while and has made 95 league appearances and capped 4 times. Has struggled to nail down a regular first team slot but handy if injuries strike

Midfield

4. Ricardo Araujo - Holding midfielder back after a doomed spell in France in PSG's reserves. Influential member of our midfield in his first full season back with 7 goals and 10 assists. Was linked with a move back to France but I broke the bank with massive £18k a week wages to keep him

7. Eder - Brazilian born midfielder signed for just £26,000 back in 2024. Sent him for 2 years ot our feeder team in the 2nd division and he didn't make much of an impact he then joined ADA and had a breakthrough season with 12 goals and 8 assists and last season saw his first full season in the first team for us and he delivered with 12 goals and 8 assists. Free kick specialist and current Peruvian young player of the year.

8. Jesus Sanchez - Signed years ago for a measly £100,000 and has gone on to make over 300 appearances for us, had a great seaosn last year bagging 12 assists. I actually accepted a bid of £17.5M from River with all the add ons but the deal fell through their end, delighted to still have him. Has been in and out of the national side with 18 caps to his name

14. Luis Velarde - New signing on a free from San Martin, was young player of the year a few years back and wouldn't sign a new deal, our gain. Promising AMC and will look to give him a fair bit of time.

15. Jovino Fernandez - Picked up on a free a few years back and spent last year on loan in Ecuador it's now his time to shine.  22 years old and talented enough to make an impression

16. Giovany Tejada - Spent a lot of money on this attackingU midfielder but he hasn't developed that well, decided against another loan spell and give him a shot. If he doesn't impress he will be leaving end of the season

20. Piero Sierra - Has been in and out of the first team since arriving back in 2019, played a fair bit last season and will probably get more chances now we have switched to a 4-3-3 formation

22. Tomas Adrianzen - New signing on a free, back up DMC. Just in to fill numbers

Forwards

9. Yoshi Jimenez - What is there to say about this man, an absolute revelation just gets better and better scored 52 goals in all competitons and just tied him down on a new £22,000 a week deal that's how much he means to the club. Has scored 138 league goals now and I hope to have him long enough to beat Kaue's record. Still only 24 and has 14 goals in 31 appearances for the national side. Probably the best £425,000 I have spent

10. Jose Moreno - Just 23 years of age spent over half a million on him and while my coaches love him he hasn't been prolific in front of goal with 29 in 92. I think it looks worse as he hasn't started too many, with Kaue gone this is his year. Has 9 caps for national side.

11. Vanderson - Was transfer listed by Sao Paulo and we got a bargain signing for £140,000 has been at the side now 2 years and has scored 32 times in 82 appearances as a second striker and has chipped in with 18 assists too.  Would love for him to take up Peruvian nationality next year as can't see him getting called up by Brazil any time soon

18. Hugo Hurtado - Colombian striker has been plagued by injuries and hasn't had a full season yet, very talented though and at 26 is now getting into his prime. Hasn't made much of a splash for the national side with just 3 caps and was cut from the preliminary squad at the last world cup. 

That is the side for this year. Few decent players out on loan including Reina (Rosario) and Bravo (Cristal). 

Transfer window closes in March but I survived the European window. Can't see me bringing any other players in as finances will be tight this year as we made £30M last year which means we will be paying over £1M a month in tax.

Mid Season Update

The league has been a walk in the park to be honest, with our increase in reputation and me spending a fortune on upgrades we are now allowed 12 coaches and have state of the art facilities so we are able to get the best out of our players, I do have to often re-shuffle my coaching staff as they do sometimes get pinched by Brazilian Serie B teams.  Just one slip up a 2-0 loss at home apart from that an absolute goal fest.  Yoshi Jimenez, Vanderson and Moreno all in double figures. Hurtado despite being one of my better strikers has struggled and with him taking up 1 of the 5 foreigner spots if a good big materialises I may well part company with him.  My young Argentine left back Alvarado who came through the academy is being courted by Real Madrid but I have him tied down till 2033 so I don't plan on losing him anytime soon.

Lot of players getting restless but my wage bill doubled last season so I can offer key players top wages (for South America). Rosano £22k a week, Vanderson £30k a week etc.  Trouble is we need to maintain success and sell players to keep the finances balanced.  Still when these players do eventually get sold it will be for like my whole years budget!

Here is the table so far

2ndrnd2_zpskbbzwgng.png

2ndrnd3_zps09dpf8fp.png]]

First time we have won all group games, delighted to win both legs against Paranaense they've had a few players off me and so I was pleased to do a double, my old midfield stalwart Asenjo scored against me in Brazil but it was nothing more than a consolation so he can have that one.  Alianza also qualified again despite having only 5 points so two Peruvian teams in the last 16 again.  ADA (PER) finished 3rd despite finishing on 9 points as they move into the Sudamericana.  Up next? Our old pals River Plate.  I've also included a shot of our recent history with them and you can see how tight the games have been!

2ndrnd4_zpszmbwonws.png

2ndrnd_zpszal5sudw.png

Summer Update

euro28_zpslhyi2bjf.png

England won their 3rd Euros on the bounce as they beat current World Cup holders Croatia.  Dele Alli winning his 159th cap as he lifted the trophy.  Croatia and England have been the dominant forces in International football last 12 years.

I got a bit carried away in the transfer window as I signed 3 non Peruvians, I saw these players and had to have them although I wont be using a few of them this season,  Zulu a Brazilian midfielder whose contract expired with Sao Paulo and he joins River Plate till next June as I try and figure out who to cut from the roster.  I also broke the bank and spent £6M on this 19 year old. I matched his minimum release for foreign clubs from Velez Sarsfield.  He looks a fantastic prospect and I am currently negotiating for him to go spend a season in Mexico at Monterrey as I am very top heavy on strikers.

sessa_zpsg7qxjojl.png

mannino_zpsbktt8hjj.png

Another striker but I couldn't resist.  I am amazed this guy hasn't been capped by Argentina. He began his career in his home nation with Racing and after a few years he joined Monterrey in Mexico for £6.75M and played 133 games scoring 68 times.  He refused to renew his deal and this is the kind of player who just a few years ago would of turned us down.  Part of it is now we can offer competitive wages to the top teams on this continent, I am still surprised he had no offers from Europe.  He had a great debut....

smash2_zpshyymhevu.png

Also it is the return of the Copa Libertadores after the break and we have put ourselves in a great position for the quarter finals.  I genuinely think we would have a shot at the World Club Cup with this side.  PSG won the Champions League and I would love to test myself against the big spenders!

smash_zpsgkqj79xi.png

sessa4_zps7zz7bk1l.png

A much improved River turned up for the 2nd leg but the damage was already done and we marched into the quarters

sessa5_zpsq9pbuqar.png

We head into the quarters as we take on Fluminese who we are playing next in the Copa Recopa.  Although it looks like I have no squad for the 2nd leg due to all these call ups.

sessa3_zpsnvespsat.png

sessa2_zpszwttcsyk.png

Sessa gets his loan move to Monterrey turns out its nearly a 2 year deal as he stays there till end of June 2030.  Helps us in a few ways, we get £4.4M off the loan move which nearly recoups what we paid for him, it gives me a bit longer who I am going to cut and when he returns I should hopefully have an even better player as he will be playing in a higher standard of league.  I will be monitoring his progress.

I have managed to get Mannino registered as I offloaded Hugo Hurtado. I liked the Colombian but I just have better options so he moves to Huracan in Argentina for £5.5M.  I also offloaded a few of the reserve players they are decent prospects but they are languishing in our reserves and could go onto become national team players so I let them go and hopefully get themselves into contention.  

So I wanted a big result in the Copa Recopa first leg and low and behold we duly delivered

sessa6_zpsam5po9zi.png

Our U'20 internationals were back for the second leg and we produced a great defensive display to hold the Brazilians with our 2nd string drawing 1-1, we did get some bad news as Jimenez was ruled out for the rest of the season  Gutted to lose him he had scored 51 goals this season, he is now just 2 goals behind all time top scorer Kaue as he now sits on 182.

sessa7_zpssbbbk3cx.png

sessa10_zpshkulbugy.png

This felt like a completely different Fluminese side to the won we destroyed in the Recopa and whilst we had more shots they were far more clinical was delighted Eder grabbed that last gasp equaliser as after their comeback I thought they were going to go on and sneak through.  We now face Flamengo in the semi final.  

I handed out a bunch of new deals to some of the players they were getting unhappy and one thing I have noticed is that once I have given in to their demands and given them a new deal on the new structure I've implemented their value also rockets up, I guess it all links in with reputation as well.  Gonzalez who was worth £550,000 just got handed a new deal worth £14,000 a week and his value is now £1.5M.  

sessa11_zpsiop7xbh9.png

Jose Moreno to the rescue in Brazil as we sneak past Flamengo after two narrow victories.  It means we have our 3rd Libertadores final in 4 years.

sessa12_zpsngsw3xky.png

Sao Paulo have crossed paths with us a few times now and have gotten the best of us on most of those occasions admittedly we haven't played them for a few years since we met in the Recopa and got destroyed with half of our side missing due to International call ups, hoping for a better display this time

sessa13_zpsrjcvwaab.png

sessa15_zps54irjbvt.png

I needn't have worried we destroyed them at home and then finished them off with a confident display in Brazil, Vanderson the star of the show with a hatrick here after a brace in the first leg, his 5 goal haul in the final also was enough for him to be named player of the tournament.  Funnily enough it was Sao Paulo I signed him from four years ago for just £140,000 he has certainly come back to haunt them, I am surprised he has only got 1 cap, he's valued at £3.5M but I value him a lot more. Cruzeiro and Corinthians are going to have to come up with big money for me to part with him.

sessa16_zpsxzuddzum.png

Bring on the World Club Cup

sessa19_zpsrxcwo7qd.png

sessa23_zpsezez5rtm.png

Incredible season, PSG had us beat most of the game until Jose Moreno equalised late on and then as we entered extra time they began to crumble and we pushed on, I have now won everything I could here admittedly its only 5 trophies in total but what can I say there is a limit of options.  I have achieved everything I can really but I kind of want to prove this wasn't a one off so I would like to win the World Club Cup again.  My main aim is to get the Peruvian national team job as with the facilities and academy I have here I should hopefully produce a few more gems.  Trouble is he doesn't look to be leaving anytime soon and the side look like they should qualify for the World Cup so my only hope is he bombs at the Copa America next summer.

sessa22_zpse4j5yvhe.png

sessa21_zpscolgo9ee.png

Felt Vanderson deserved the award I mean he did break Jimenez's record but then if Yoshi hadn't got injured god knows how many he would of scored. With Mannino also firing in 20 goals in 17 games since arriving and Moreno hitting 30+ I have 4 quality strikers now at my disposal. Lets see if I can hold this team together

23 hours ago, noikeee said:

Congratulations on getting Alianza Atletico on top of the world! Great achievement!

Cheers appreciate it!  This might be the end though.  Was going to keep going just to see how good I could get the national side but this year the Copa Libertadores groups never got drawn and without the extra income we are losing over £2M a month so I am going to be broke by the end of the season and have to start selling players or risk losing them on the cheap.  Plus the league in itself is very boring at this point.  Going to holiday through the season and see if it is just a one season bug before I retire this for good

So the whole season went by with no Libertadores, the Club World Cup still happened with Boca Juniors being randomly assigned the South American spot. Now I await to see if the competion returns this year.

The league went by last season as expected with us winning the title, we also beat Racing Club over two legs to win the Recopa. Just a couple of tidbits from the season

sessa24_zpsu1mzyljm.png

Yoshi finally eclipsed Kaue and he went on to score 37 goals last season as he sits on 220 now and at just 26 years young he could build up quite the record.

VANDER_zpsxrrgdt3w.png

Happy with this, sadly last year Brazil finally realised his quality so the national team can't adopt him like they did my other Brazilians Eder and Kaue. Still it opens up a spot for when Sessa returns in June.  Also Millan leaves for his minimum release, not too worried he was an excellent player for us but I have Olaya and I signed a young right back last season who needs more game time. It also opens up another foreigner spot.

MILLAN2_zpslv5oyzcs.png

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

That's a very ****** bug. :( I'm surprised you decided to keep going! Hopefully it's fixed now.

Yeah it is gutting really, low and behold the draw didn't happen and after Peru crashed out at the world cup bottom of the group with just 1 goal I decided to see what I could do with the national team

national_zpsjfrrjena.png

Onto the next chapter

lastmatch_zpszo5whg6d.png

Due to the lack of the Libertadores it was a repeat of last years final and it was the last game before I began full time duties with the National side and it seemed a perfect note to sign off on. Lets see if whoever takes them over can at least keep their domestic dominance going

lastmatch2_zpssnsqkgsb.png

Archived