Centre not performing but I don't know why / tactics

I'm playing as the Islanders and Casey Cizikas - a decent option for fourth/third line - just isn't performing at all and is constantly picking up 6's and 7's. The problem is, I just don't understand why. I understand the basics of the game but I don't have any really knowledge of hockey tactics to see why he isn't performing.

I know I'm not going to find the answer on here on the details I'm giving but I would like some help as to what to look at for indicators. He doesn't seem to be getting many shots but that is because he's on the ice for less time being on the third/fourth line. 

Another question I also have is, how would you set up an energy line? Presumably you want quick, hard hitting players for that. 

Any good hockey tactics sites or reads would be much appreciated, I don't think this forum covers the tactical side of the game that well so would be good to get more insight and expertise from others with more knowledge!  

1 hour ago, Colorado said:

Any good hockey tactics sites or reads would be much appreciated, I don't think this forum covers the tactical side of the game that well so would be good to get more insight and expertise from others with more knowledge!  

I suggest TBL (The Blue Line) for all things EHM; here's a link to the Game Knowledge Forum http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

Archived