[FMT16]Increasing transparency or plain backgrounds

vossmaj

I use FMT 16 still and finally I really want to know how I can use my stadium backgrounds and still read the info displayed. Sorry to ask, I know there are loads of guides but I can't seem to find the exact info that I need for this occasion.

I use the Football Manager Touch – Dark skin and the sortitoutsi backgrounds megapack. And in this combination the transparency is too high. I want the stadium to be much more in the background. Example:

u6fjTFq.jpg

When using the Football Manager Touch skin (the regular white one) there is no transparency (apart from the fact that I simply like the dark version much better). Example:

RjGDVsC.jpg

Further attempts so far:

I can remove the stadium backgrounds in the user file and a generic pitch shows up which is not quite what I want.

Another attempt saw me use the Base2016 Touch – Dark skin but it produced the same result as the Football Manager Touch – Dark skin (as I believe it is supposed to do)...

For me there would be two ideal solutions (which should both use a dark skin version:

1. Either be able to decrease transparency in the dark skin OR

2. Show a plain green or blue background (instead of a generic pitch)

Does anybody have an idea? I am a bit lost right now, sorry. Would the Resource Archiver tool help? I consider it to work for the full fat mode though...

First thing you need to do is to switch to the Base2016 Touch – Dark skin.

Next you will need to extract the skins.fmf file from the default game files instructions on how to do that are here: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure

Once you have extracted the contents of the skins.fmf file browse to \skins\fmc\panels\ in the extracted files and locate and copy the 'client object browser' xml file and paste that into the panels folder inside the base skin.

Then in the 'client object browser' xml file locate this section of code:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" id="bgnd">
    <record id="object_property">
      <integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
      <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
    </record>
  </widget>

And after that code paste in this line of code and save the file:

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

That line of code will add a box over the background to darken it. If you want to modify the transparency of the overlay then you can follow this guide once you have done the above steps:

If you want to replace the generic pitch background then you just need to put the image you want to show in the \graphics\backgrounds\ folder for the base skin and rename it to 'default'.

Once you have done all that load up the game, switch to the base skin and turn off the skin cache if it is on to load your changes.

Archived