Feeder clubs picked randomly?

I've dug up my old FM14 save, and I decided it was time to get an actual feeder club for my 5-time CL winner Faroese side.

My request to get a club with a good youth setup was accepted, but I've been offered obscure clubs from Brazil/Argentina (2nd/3rd tier, all-grey players, average-to-poor facilities and academy). The "best" I got were Eibar (yo-yoing from Liga Adelante to Segunda B) or Aalen (same fate between 2. and 3. Bundesliga).

Now, I wasn't expecting an EPL club or anything, but at least a decent-ish club from an active league (I have the Top 4, Championship, Serie B and all the Nordic countries).

We've been consistently among the best 4 clubs in Europe (5* rep, #1 coefficient, plenty of trophies won), the league is ranked 10th overall, how come the only affiliations I'm offered are with irrelevant (and inactive) clubs and therefore completely useless?
Shouldn't at least all the smaller clubs from the Nordic area salivate at the chance of striking a partnership with a CL-winning side, possibly getting plenty of loans out of the deal?

Archived