Skinning Help - Editing Base Skin

Alexpuk2002

Hi,

I am editing the base skin that Michael Murray provided into a skin of my own and I am requiring some help. I have had some members help me with varios parts of the skin so far and that is really appreciated.

The issue I am having at the moment is that I am wanting to put a border around most of the transparent boxes (I am using the white version of the skin and I am wanting to put dark borders around the white boxes). I am getting the gist of how things work but at the moment I am having an issue qith the home screen. I have provided a screen shot below.

28573228966_7f89efac56_b_d.jpg

Is there a way to make the boxes highlighted in blue a little smaller? I have a black border around the whole of that white box but because those 2 boxes highlighted in blue are a little big, it cuts the top of the border off. Hope that makes sense lol.

The second part is how do I go about changing the colours of those headings highlighted in red?

Thank you for taking the time to look and hopefully I can get some help.

Alex

Hi,

I have the following error with my competition records screen. I play on a macbook retina with the retina option enabled and the zoom to 175%. I am pretty sure the grey boxes are to do with the zoom function, but I am unsure if it is to do with the panels or the paper.xml panel. Any help would be great, the only panels that I have edited to point to a new paper.png are the competition records master panel.xml and the competition records.xml. I will list them below as well as the screen shot and the paper.xml file that I am using.

28549640001_d19aeebbe0_b_d.jpg

This is my competion records master panel.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<panel>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="subsection_box">
    <translation id="text" translation_id="328525" type="use" value="Records[COMMENT: team report; squad depth heading]" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container class="tabbed_container" id="main" default_item="csmp" save_session_state="true">

<widget class="competition_summary_panel" id="csmp">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="247414" type="use" value="Overview" />
        <boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />
        <record id="object_property">
          <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
          <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
        </record>
      </widget>
      <widget class="competition_records_panel" id="catp" type="0">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="232110" type="use" value="Attendances" />
        </record>
      </widget>
      <widget class="competition_records_panel" id="crsp" type="1">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="232111" type="use" value="Results" />
        </record>
      </widget>
      <widget class="competition_records_panel" id="csqp" type="2">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="232112" type="use" value="Sequences" />
        </record>
      </widget>
      <widget class="competition_records_panel" id="ctmp" type="3">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="229362" type="use" value="Teams" />
        </record>
      </widget>
      <widget class="competition_records_panel" id="cplp" type="4">
        <translation id="title" translation_id="232113" type="use" value="Players" />
        </record>
      </widget>

</container>
  </container>
</panel>

This is my competition records.xml panel

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<panel>

<!-- titled box -->
    <widget class="subsection_box" appearance="boxes/subsection/standard/paper100" id="trtb" alignment="left">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment"  alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container embed_in_frame="true">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" embed_in_frame="true" offset="5" gap="8" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" layout_children="true" embed_in_frame="true" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,left" embed_in_frame="true" inset="5" />
      <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" embed_in_frame="true" />
      <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" embed_in_frame="true" />

<widget class="view_menu_label" id="labl" embed_in_frame="true" />
      <widget class="view_menu_popup" id="view" embed_in_frame="true" save_session_state="true" />

</container>

<!-- main table -->
        <widget class="table" id="tabl" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows" layout="80,-1" row_spacing="0" save_session_state="true">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<boolean id="fixed_size_rows" value="false" />
            <boolean id="auto_size_rows" value="true" />

<!-- headings -->
            <list id="headings">
                <record indx="0" alignment="left">
                    <translation id="text" translation_id="229773" type="use" value="Year" />
                </record>
                <record indx="1" alignment="left,centre_y">
                    <translation id="text" translation_id="247170" type="use" value="Record[competition record panel table heading]" />
                </record>
            </list>

<!-- column display properties -->
            <list id="column_properties">
                <record indx="0" alignment="left,centre_y" />
                <record indx="1" spec="text" alignment="left,centre_y" colour="selection" auto_size="vertical" />
            </list>

<!-- column display properties -->
            <list id="column_display_properties">
                <record indx="0" id="year" left="4" />
                <record indx="1" id="reco" top="3" bottom="2" />
            </list>

</widget>

</widget> <!-- titled box -->

</panel>

And finally this is my paper100.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE propertylist SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/sios/properties.dtd">

<!-- image properties -->
<properties>

<!-- image borders -->
    <!-- these determine how many pixels any content is inset from each side of the image -->
    <!-- (for example, in the case of a button, the content would be the text label) -->
    <record id="image_borders" left="8" right="10" top="35" bottom="10"/>

<!-- image slices determine the points at which the image will be sliced to enable scaling -->
    <!-- the image will only slice in the directions slicing values are provided for-->
    <record id="image_slices" left="4" right="4" top="30" bottom="4"/>

<!-- title insets -->
    <!-- these determine how many pixels the title is inset from the top/bottom/left/right of the box -->
    <integer id="title_top_inset" value="6"/>
    <integer id="title_bottom_inset" value="0"/>
    <integer id="title_left_inset" value="10"/>
    <integer id="title_right_inset" value="14"/>

<!-- title properties -->
    <!-- title properties -->
    <record id="font_spec">
        <flags id="font" value="fonts/capitals_bold"/>
        <integer id="size" value="12"/>
        <colour id="colr" name="title"/>
    </record>

<colour id="red_replacement" name="white"/>
    <colour id="green_replacement" name="black"/>
    <colour id="blue_replacement" name="top2"/>

</properties>

Thanks for the reply bluestillidie00, but I already have the paper.png and the paper@2x.png which is double the size of the original paper.png.

The paper.png is 32x37 pixels in size and 72 resolution and the paper@2x.png is 64x74 and 72 resolution.

• 3 weeks later...

I have edited quite a lot of my skin now and I have learnt my way around the panels to edit what I need to. For the life of me though I cannot find which xml controls the screen below. I have created my own graphics which I am adding into the relevant xmls, but I cannot find what controls the screen below. I have looked in the human profile.xml and cannot find the link to the xml that controls it. At the bottom there is the code for the button that takes you to the xml but not an actual file= line.

29139624005_45a7c96a57_b_d.jpg

Archived