Difficulty selling players

How have you ended up with a player worth £30m who are surplus to requirements?

My guess would be youth; either someone who was always loaned out and never established himself at the OPs club despite being world class or an established player losing out to a kid come good.

When my current AMR got a few games due to injuries he forced his way into the first team and his attributes flew up rapidly, so I sold the (almost certainly £30mil+) player in his position. Then there's this kid who barely even pulled on my jersey yet ended up going for £35 million, just slightly over his value.

http://i.imgur.com/Ih2EZ9h.png

I've sold established £30mil players due to a better established player (for example, Pogba) coming in, and even had my long term backup rightback go for that sort of price when I found a younger option with better potential.

That said, I find them rather easy to sell. Just make sure they are playing at least 1 in 3 games to get other teams interested.

Getting buyers for young players is far too easy on FM16, it's keeping my 3rd division French team in business with almost €3m made from outgoing transfers in 2 seasons.

Hopefully the OP will reply as knowing the reason for needing to sell is the first step in identifying any possible causes in being unable to find suitable interest.

How have you ended up with a player worth £30m who is surplus to requirements?

Youth player that has developed well but does not possess key attributes needed for my team. Work Rate and Aggression.

My guess would be youth; either someone who was always loaned out and never established himself at the OPs club despite being world class or an established player losing out to a kid come good.

When my current AMR got a few games due to injuries he forced his way into the first team and his attributes flew up rapidly, so I sold the (almost certainly £30mil+) player in his position. Then there's this kid who barely even pulled on my jersey yet ended up going for £35 million, just slightly over his value.

http://i.imgur.com/Ih2EZ9h.png

I've sold established £30mil players due to a better established player (for example, Pogba) coming in, and even had my long term backup rightback go for that sort of price when I found a younger option with better potential.

That said, I find them rather easy to sell. Just make sure they are playing at least 1 in 3 games to get other teams interested.

I will try playing them a bit more then. I normally bring him off the bench for 30 mins a game.

If he's still a teenager then a reasonable run of good performances should help drum up some interest, it will also help if you're not at a leading club as that can see the player being less willing to move which can limit the number of potential buyers.

If he's still a teenager then a short run of good games should help drum up some interest, it will also help if you're not at a leading club as that can see the player being less willing to move which can limit the number of potential buyers.

I see. I am PSG so quite a big club :D He is 21 now. Should I give him more starts? Sub appearances obviously are not working.

Do you need the cash right now? I'd just sit on him, loaning him somewhere he'll play 30+ games and wait for the bids to come in naturally. That's how I tend to sell my kids who don't make it.

Then again I'm not sure quite how I sold that one I linked. No loan move, very few games, and he was nowhere near my first team. And I am 2nd biggest team in the world in terms of reputation.

Do you need the cash right now? I'd just sit on him, loaning him somewhere he'll play 30+ games and wait for the bids to come in naturally. That's how I tend to sell my kids who don't make it.

Then again I'm not sure quite how I sold that one I linked. No loan move, very few games, and he was nowhere near my first team. And I am 2nd biggest team in the world in terms of reputation.

I don't particularly need it, it's just he sits there doing nothing. I will also try loaning him out like you said.

As you're PSG it will be difficult to find a buyer as unless he's unhappy or on a much lower squad status than he can get elsewhere there will be a limited number of clubs that will interest him & if you've been a little too generous with contract there might be even fewer who can afford his wage demands.

Unfortunately as one of the most reputable clubs moving on unwanted players tends to be a case of minimising the loss on any transfer deal if you are trying to force interest from other clubs, it's rare that a club with similar financial capacity will be interested in a cast off from another club but it can happen & the best way is to use the player.

As you're PSG it will be difficult to find a buyer as unless he's unhappy or on a much lower squad status than he can get elsewhere there will be a limited number of clubs that will interest him & if you've been a little too generous with contract there might be even fewer who can afford his wage demands.

Unfortunately as one of the most reputable clubs moving on unwanted players tends to be a case of minimising the loss on any transfer deal if you are trying to force interest from other clubs, it's rare that a club with similar financial capacity will be interested in a cast off from another club but it can happen & the best way is to use the player.

Thank you for your help. I will do what has been recommended by you and r0x0r and hopefully we can see some progress.

His wage will also matter. My kids are always signed up with 3 year extensions in any contracts, so end up on very low wages at 20-24 and can therefore attract buyers. Leaving me generally means a £100k a week minimum payrise.

Does that not create issues with a few more instances of players you'd like to keep being tempted by other clubs & then becoming unhappy?

I like to keep my players on a fair wage for their importance at the club & if that means a new contract 9 months after the last to ensure any potential interested parties are kept at bay then that's how it is.

Only Juventus have a better reputation than me. I lost one midfielder over it I'd have rather kept (young and good enough to eventually take a first team spot, I was forced to sell for £30-£40 mil in the end) but generally my players all love it in Sunny Swansea.

Then again, I'm always happy to move almost anyone on for the right price, so I welcome interest. Over 8 years I've spent and received over a billion pounds, with 126 buys and 94 sales. I have a net profit of around £190 million yet I've turned Swansea into such a team that Barcelona were just described as an easy quarter final draw. Almost everyone has a price. The only player who doesn't is my superstar striker, because I'm hoping he can beat Shearer's 260 premiership goals. Our record holder is 146 league goals (a real record), my super regen is at 140 in early April in his 6th season at the age of 24. Even he's only on 70k a week with 4 years left. In a year or two I'll have to pay him a proper amount to tie him up for life I guess.

Sounds like you fully understand the key aspect to the transfer market, be prepared to sell any player in your squad, do not overpay your players & be reasonable with your transfer fee expectations. Once you know how to use the system it is as easy as it ever was to make money & build a dominating squad.

The most common failing is that I saw was that people would end up with really poorly balanced squads or have far too many fringe players on high value contracts, being able to sell players starts with getting the right deals done when signing players & renewing contracts. The HuddersfieldOwl thread is a classic example in how not to do it.

Sometimes you have to over pay or refuse to buy one I think. The trick is to do so knowing exactly what you are doing and why. I overpaid for an old Christiano Ronaldo (wages) and for Pogba (wages and transfer) but they were marquee signings, proving the Swansea brand. It was a cost of proving we were the best.

Tight controls elsewhere makes up for it though. That and recognizing when £25 mil for a kid isn't over spending, then proving that thought right by moving them on for £55 mil a year later.

I had a young 20-something striker for a single season at AC Milan on my FM15 save, picked him up on a Bosman after I had unsettled over a 2 year period & then sold him a year later for €75m to Liverpool. It was a tough call & one I think many would have rejected because he scored over 30 league goals but I was confident that I'd still be able to win the title without him & that money was used to strengthen other areas of the team.

Archived