trading bug (at the NHL Draft)

This was certainly a problem in EHM07, but I made it a house rule not to exploit so haven't tried since.

You could get the (player picked at) #1 during the draft for your (not yet picked) mid first-round pick for example.

I think it worked in the NHL too, but in my case it was the OHL/WHL (didn't try the Q) drafts for sure.

This was certainly a problem in EHM07, but I made it a house rule not to exploit so haven't tried since.

You could get the (player picked at) #1 during the draft for your (not yet picked) mid first-round pick for example.

I think it worked in the NHL too, but in my case it was the OHL/WHL (didn't try the Q) drafts for sure.

I also have a similar rule with exploiting trading for picks at and before the draft. This was easily exploited in the 07 days but I have forced myself not to try it since. The game can get too easy and very boring if played as a fantasy. Before long you can own every 1st round pick of every year just simply by trading away pending free agents for a a 1st 4 or 5 years in advance. I try and play as a real GM and only do deals I would accept myself. If I wouldn't accept it I don't offer it. It's the only way the game stays interesting and challenging. Otherwise you end up with all the top prospects in your system and 5 star players on every line while the rest of the league is a bunch of chumps.

Archived