Toughest Cup Runs

Just had a very tough run in the FA Cup where I drew Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive rounds in the FA Cup. I won all of them (albeit in a replay against City). I just really wanted to beat these teams so I've fielded my strongest eleven, but it has cost me dearly, since I've ended up with a lot of injuries now with a Champions League semi final against Real Madrid coming up.

This got me wondering. What are your toughest runs in a cup competition and did you choose to abandon the cups in favour of the league or a more important cup?

470Ns1m.jpg

I remember on 14 i had a Champions League knockout run of Bayern Munich, followed by Barcelona, followed by Real Madrid, followed by Chelsea in the final in my Arsenal save in season 1.

Still amazed to this day i won that tournament. I remember winning the first leg v Barcelona at home 2-0, but in the Nou Camp Barcelona had something ridiculous like 35 shots on goal and 75% possession, and i had something equally ridiculous like 2 shots on goal for the whole game. I came out with a 1-1 draw via a half way line goal after the keeper came out to collect a long ball that had been punted, and proceeded to scuff his kick straight to my centre forward. Never been so dominated in a match :lol:

Archived