New contract wage demands too high?

I don't know if it's because my team has been successful or because we are doing well financially but trying to negotiate new contracts and all my players are asking for ridiculous amount. Honestly I don't mind paying it but I know if I do I won't be able to sell them in the future if I want to get rid of them. It's really annoying, players who haven't even improved asking for triple their current wage, and even if I give them like a 40-50% increase they break off negotiations.

Anyone else seeing this and/or managed to get the players to be reasonable?

I like to deflate the price of my player towards his last season with me. Not playing him often just enough not to cheese him off and deflate his value helps me with contractual agreements more. It doesn't always work but is one thing I do at times. Otherwise if i keep playing him and if he keeps improving in his last year of contract it's very obvious that a club might want him which raises interest and a difficult contractual agreement with you at that time.

Also check out his agent, he might be difficult to work with. I tend to tell my players to boot the agent away as thats one less problem in contractual negotiations. Obviously it's all to do with time, so you need to make sure you do it prior to him raising a stint before his release.

To be honest it's been a black spot for me over the years. I just started playing 4th division in england and i lost a player without me doing anything in the first week. what can i say i didn't even get a chance.

Archived