[1.1.1] Swe-2 Playoffs Bug

When you finish 1st or 2nd in Swe-2 "HockeyAllsvenskan" the following things happen:

1. You play a Champions final series BO5 against the other top 2 team. This series does not count as "the playoffs".

2.1. If you win the series (which almost never happens) you face a Swe-1 "SHL" side, this counts as part of the SHL Playouts. This serier too does not count as "the playoffs".

2.2. If you lose the series (which almost always happens) you face the winner of the SHL Playoff (played with teams 3rd-8th), since they already won "the playoffs" this series doesn't count as "the playoffs" either.

3. Due to having finished in the top 8 the game recognize you as "having made the playoffs".

4. At end of season, if you finished 1st or 2nd; every single one of your players will have the Bio entry "He'll be disappointed that he wasn't given the chance to represent his team in this year's playoffs" because you count as having made it, but none of the post-season games you play are actually recognized as "the playoffs" by the game.

I'm not 100% sure what the effects of this are. But I know that one of my best players who was set to "Key Player", had the "very ambitious" entry in his scout report and was 3rd captain on our team showed a huge loss of -13 attribute points at the end of the first season this happened to me, and he's never bounced back since. This really needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Then how come every time it's happened players who were previously growing suddely lose over 10 attributes, not including mentals that are not directly affected by training? I just won the league again this year, same Bio entry, 9 players suddenly dropped like rocks in their early 20s despite having career seasons and growing on the same schedule the previous 4 month window I recorded? It seems like an awfully big coincidence that something like that would happen only twice in my save, and both times when this bug occured.

I don't know how new you are to this game but I've been playing it for 15 years now. The BIO does not affect the game in any way whatsoever. It's a collection of data that is presented as background info about the player.

You will get phrases as "He'll be disappointed that he wasn't given the chance to represent his team in this year's playoffs" if you sign a new player the week after you've won the Stanley Cup. All that section does is draw data from the database and piece it together to make it look interesting. It's all fluff that has no bearing on the game-play.

There is no bug here, only a user who doesn't understand how the game works. There's no conspiracy, no bug and no coincidence - it's you reading things into a tab of background fluff that isn't there. Whether the BIO gathers accurate or significant info or not matters not one iota to the game itself.

There is no bug here, only a user who doesn't understand how the game works. There's no conspiracy, no bug and no coincidence - it's you reading things into a tab of background fluff that isn't there. Whether the BIO gathers accurate or significant info or not matters not one iota to the game itself.

Have played the game for ages as well, and I wouldn't be as quick to rule out that something fishy is going on... :-)

Especially since there has always been a noticeable (?) boosts in attributes in young players when letting them play both practice games (when quite young) and play-off games (a bit older). So seeing a drop in attributes would make sense if the game somehow misinterprets the "play-off" nature of games. I agree that the bio-page entry itself is probably a red-herring though.

Archived