Underachieving

Most of my first team are upset that the club is "underachieving" at the moment, but I'm not sure why. The media expect us to finish 17th (one place above relegation) and the board expect me to "avoid relegation". And currently, half-way through the season, we're sitting safely in mid-table (10th). Personally I'm really happy with how things are going as it's a huge improvement on last season where we were 18th most of the season and only avoided the drop on the last day.

Any ideas what's causing this, and is there anything I can do to make my squad happy, other than by overachieving?

I'm Tours in Ligue 2 in France. Started off in the Championat National, got promoted by scraping into third in my first season, survived only just in our second season. Now in third season we're doing well in the league and are out of debt.

As for other cup competitions, in the Coupe de la Ligue I was expected to get to the 2nd round, but went out in the 1st. The other cup we're still in (just played one round, expected to get through two more).

I suspect it is a bug, as I found this post which seems to describe pretty much the exact same situation I am in.

Archived