Can I be better than Fergie?

Unitedred

So, for the third save in a row, I'm taking over Manchester United. It's my actual team, so obviously I need to make sure we play creative football, attack like crazy, and eventually bring in 6 new players from the academy therefore, making a new Class of 92.

For this season, I'll be trying out a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide formation with controlling play, focusing on the more "keep ball, look for an opening, goal" style. As my previous threads and comments have suggested, I'm not very up on the tactics side of things, I only really started checking out roles on FM16, and I've been playing since 12', but that's just the way it is, I like to think that tactic can actually work, I've used tips from others, and also implemented some of my own ideas that I have about United.

MY AIMS?

1.Qualify for the UCL outright, 1st, 2nd or 3rd will be nice. I've noticed that Chelsea seem to start the first season with a great attacking power, so I highly doubt I should be aiming for the title.

2.Sign a centre back who will last in the first team for a good long time, Smalling, Jones & Rojo aren't the types of player I want defending against some of the fastest strikers in the game, Smalling is good, probably, to me, the best defender we have. Jones & Rojo have a tendancy to get either sent off, or just have terrible games.

3. Bring out the best in Martial, he's one of my favorite players in the game, with a great head and the right personality to go on and become a great player, in FM15, I had a 10 year save, in which I'd won several trophies, and also had Memphis to be United's all time leading goalscorer, after that, I brought in Lukaku, to which he went on and broke that same record in 4.5 seasons, plus, he had Messi & Ronaldo either side of him firing them in too (No joke, I had the ultimate dream team). I'm aiming for that again, not Ronaldo & Messi this time, but players who will be to me, the greatest players on earth.

I'll be posting updates every 3 months in game, so the thread doesn't get littered with posts by me, which in turn keeps it tidy. Some of you may disagree first off with my actual tactic, and even my signings, but I tend to feel that I'll find out myself if I'm wrong, I went on to be hugely successful in 15 without any help, maybe I can do the same on 16 without any real help.

First three month update

8th November 2015

Results

Almost 3 months since I started my career at Manchester United, I've had a fixed fortunes of results, losses aplenty in the league.

FIXTURES_zps0jqc38ef.jpg

Some results there just bordered on unbelieveable, my first game against West Brom was just a 3-0 drubbing, barely any flair, chances were sparse and yellow cards were thrown at my players just for fun. We seemed to kick off the season better than that after, except for the CL qualifiers. where we were beaten by Monaco over two legs. Picking up an away win at Anfield is the highlight of my season so far, that was the first time my formation seemed to click right.

Transfers

PLAYERS_zps4f757tbt.jpg

Some of my transfers I'm happy with, I signed Mustafi from Valencia who has quickly formed a nice partnership in the centre with Smalling. Harry Kane was bought from Spurs for about £47m, and he's put in 9 goals in 16 apps for me atm, I was hoping for a slightly better return, but he's worked his socks off for me at the moment. Memphis has also been a nice inside forward for me, slamming in crosses left right and centre and also contributing to the goals aswell. Pione Sisto has also done quite well, he scored a hat trick for me against a minnow in the Europa League, making sure we qualified to the first knockout round with 4 wins from 4, I've used Victor Valdes in goal for all of those cup games, so far, he's conceded 2 in 8 games, he's on a run atm of 6 games without conceded, I'm contemplating to use him in the PL as long as DDG keeps having a horror show. I managed to pick up Adriano from Barca for £2.8m, he plays L/R wing/full back, L/R mid, and L/R att mid, and he's been quite the player for me at the moment, the fans are also quite happy with his contributions.

The table

TABLE_zpswlyaxpay.jpg

The table makes for a little poor showing at the moment, but I've got faith that I can turn this around in good time, the board seem happy that the transfers I'm bringing in are showing good potential, and they've only had one result to be really annoyed at, which was a 2-0 defeat to Newcastle who seem to be my bogey side on FM16. The most furious I've got up to now was about 10 minutes ago, a defeat at home to Everton, I was building on a strong OT, where we barely conceded and won every game, but thanks to Valencia scoring a horrific own goal, that went out of the window.

Up to now, Fergie finished 11th in his first season, which means I'm already doing better in the game, that being said, Fergie didn't have £75m to spend and a class of talent in his squad at the time, but, I think it's gonna be a toughie!

Archived