Role familiarity not increasing

I have problems with the player roles not increasing. I have not seen any of my players even getting 1 ekstra bar in their role familiarity despite training and playing them at that position/role for 2 seasons now. Fx. i am using Inside Forwards in attacking role, all 4 of my players are unconvinced in that role and has been for 2 full seasons now. I have never played them in any other position or role then IF-A. Their training is set to IF and has been for 2 seasons. Am i doing something wrong or should i just expect them to never increase in familiarity? All four players are actually 26 years old, so they are still relatively young. My inside forwards are the best example of this problem, the rest of the squad have the same issues. I have bunch of competent players for 2 seasons straight.

To try something new, instead of training them in the desired role, i am now training them in "playing position". They are still playing in the desired position/role as they've been for 2 seasons straight. Was this what i should have done 2 seasons ago? I am very confused with training and role suitability

I have problems with the player roles not increasing. I have not seen any of my players even getting 1 ekstra bar in their role familiarity despite training and playing them at that position/role for 2 seasons now. Fx. i am using Inside Forwards in attacking role, all 4 of my players are unconvinced in that role and has been for 2 full seasons now. I have never played them in any other position or role then IF-A. Their training is set to IF and has been for 2 seasons. Am i doing something wrong or should i just expect them to never increase in familiarity? All four players are actually 26 years old, so they are still relatively young. My inside forwards are the best example of this problem, the rest of the squad have the same issues. I have bunch of competent players for 2 seasons straight.

To try something new, instead of training them in the desired role, i am now training them in "playing position". They are still playing in the desired position/role as they've been for 2 seasons straight. Was this what i should have done 2 seasons ago? I am very confused with training and role suitability

Players will only be better at roles if their attributes get better that are considered key to the role. In your case, since they have not progressed beyond competent in the position, and they are training there and not improving in those attributes that get highlighted when you select the role, then their role suitability will not increase. In terms of position familiarity, it may be that they will never get any better at a new position. There could be a couple reasons for this- they could have low versatility scores (a hidden value, but a prime suspect when players don't learn new positions after a lot of time investment, or they could be limited by the amount of positions they are rated in already. Players can no longer learn every position on the pitch like they used to be able to do, as each new position takes up some current ability points.

Players will only be better at roles if their attributes get better that are considered key to the role. In your case, since they have not progressed beyond competent in the position, and they are training there and not improving in those attributes that get highlighted when you select the role, then their role suitability will not increase. In terms of position familiarity, it may be that they will never get any better at a new position. There could be a couple reasons for this- they could have low versatility scores (a hidden value, but a prime suspect when players don't learn new positions after a lot of time investment, or they could be limited by the amount of positions they are rated in already. Players can no longer learn every position on the pitch like they used to be able to do, as each new position takes up some current ability points.

That's really disappointing. My AM right and left are natural wingers, while unconvincing at IF. It's really hard getting players in specific roles, and not being able to train them at the expense of lowering their other roles is a big disappointment.

Not every winger will be able to learn/unlearn skills & behaviours to be more inclined to cut inside than keep their boot on the touchline.

Part of being a good manager is knowing when to cut loose a player who can't do what you need them to do.

Not every winger will be able to learn/unlearn skills & behaviours to be more inclined to cut inside than keep their boot on the touchline.

Part of being a good manager is knowing when to cut loose a player who can't do what you need them to do.

Problem is that Im playing LLM. Got up to the championship and avoided getting relegated. Budget is still very low so I can mostly only get free transfers, and low wages. It is hard to find Non-vanilla roles. My IF players who are unconvincing are actually playing pretty well most of the time, would just have preferred if they could increase their familiarity and play better. Hard to get replacements

Sometimes you have to adapt your style to suit the players at your disposal, it's a common aspect of an LLM career game.

Of course if the players are doing a good job it doesn't really matter if they are rated at 7/10 or 10/10 for the role, at the end of the day all that matters are the results.

Archived