Do Chairmen/Presidents keep their election promises?

So, I've been at Real for a season and a half, and they have just gone through the election process for the second time.

As part of his "campaign" the current chairman promised if re-elected, he would sign Jeronimo Rulli and a Brazilian Regen RB from Benfica.

He did indeed win the election (which was also nice because the other main candidate promised to replace me with Brendan Rodgers), so how likely is it I'll see the club sign these players?

The club won't sign these players unless you do it, (maybe you weren't incharge of transfers and left them to the Director of Football or the President himself they could happen). It's just to add realism to the game as presidents elect make these promises in real life.

I've had chairmen sign players before - admittedly not on FM15, and I do have a DoF at the club (enforced as part of my interview for the job).

It used to be in the game a few iterations ago.

The point about the Director of Football is that you can select whether he deals with transfers/contracts or not. He can't sign players if you have him set not to.

Archived