Crash at end of season in 2026

This is a bit of a mystery... I have played two different games to the year 2026, and both times they crash on the last game of the season in that year with the same error message:

"human_controlled() : invalid club pointer"

then I click "OK" and the game crashes. Any ideas on a fix for this? I would really like to keep playing this game because I have some exciting prospects in the pipeline!

thanks

yes, I still have it saved right before the crash, but how do I do that?

Also, for a temporary fix I resigned as GM right before the last game and it did not crash when I continued the sim. Reapplied and was made GM of the same team, but only after the playoffs.

Sorry, figured it out.

I have uploaded my save. It is GM Leafs_3 and the error message I am getting is:

"human_controlled() : invalid club pointer"

It happens after the final game of the season. The save I provided should take you to right before the final game. If you need an earlier save, I have a few earlier saves available.

Thanks for your help...hope you can fix it!

I just ran into exactly this problem at the end of the 2025 season. Glad to hear it has been fixed for the next update, but is there a workaround to get us past it before then, Riz?

Edit: I found one myself. Unfortunately it did involve resigning from the team I was GM of, but I was then able to continue past the date and, after re-applying for the same job, got offered it again anyway. So I guess if you don't mind missing a game or two (and actually get re-offered the position - I'd obviously advise saving the game before resigning!) then that should get you beyond the crash.

Archived