[FM 14] The South Of Italy to rule

Marazola

August

Brescia 2-1 Crotone

Crotone 1-0 Siena

Not happy with the month. Brescia massively outplayed us. They beat us well, as we didn't even have a shot on target. We barely won against Siena, we outplayed them so I guess I can't really complain to much but something was missing from us. Our finishing mostly.

My goal this season I should mention is to get promoted. Difficult yes, but entirely possible. If I don't get promoted chances are I probably won't for a few years because my team is basically made up of loanee's and good ones as well like Mikael Ishak. If we don't get promoted it will be tough to rebuild a strong enough squad for promotion.

September

Varese 2-0 Crotone

Crotone 2-2 Ternana

Pescara 2-1 Crotone

Crotone 2-1 Spezia

Juve Stabia 1-1 Crotone

1 point gathered from 4 away games. Not a record I'm happy with but that draw at Juve Stabia was a good start. Got a bit annoyed at my 4-2-3-1 so I reverted to a 3-5-2. I got a solid win against La Spezia although second half of that game was poor from us. So close to getting a result at Pescara but nope an 83rd minute goal got them the win. Obviously not happy about the Ternana result, and even less happy with the Varese result. We got robbed in many games this month because we outplayed every team. We are missing something I'd say, but I can't say what we are missing just yet.

Cheers mate

October

Crotone 3-2 Bari

Trapani 1-3 Crotone

Crotone 0-0 Carpi

Novara 1-0 Crotone

Well we finally got our first 3 away points of the season. That was the only result I was really satisfied with. We were missing something from the Bari result. We started losing and then mounted a 2 goal comeback. They equalized, it was 2-2 but then we score a late goal and won. Obviously happy we got the win, but it could have been much more comfortable which is why I'm not too satisfied with it. Not going to comment on the Carpi result really. We got robbed against Novara. We were missing 1 very important thing, and that was goals. They had no shots on target and we lost due to a poor tackle which slid the ball into our own net. They had only 3 shots, none on target. We should be much better than this but I guess the month was the best one yet. 7 points in 4 games is a big improvement, even if I wasn't satisfied with the results, we are getting there.

November

Crotone 1-1 Cesena

Palermo 1-2 Crotone

Crotone 1-1 Empoli

Latina 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 2-2 Avellino

Draws, draws everywhere and I'm quite sick of them. This has been our worst month in terms of performances. Outplayed by Empoli and Cesena, and got lucky to draw. Dream win at Palermo, poor 10 men loss at Latina and at the last minute as well. The Avellino game was them mounting a late comeback from being 2 goals down. Frustrating.

December

Citadella 1-2 Crotone

Crotone 2-2 Reggina

Crotone 5-0 Lanciano

Modena 0-2 Crotone

Crotone 2-1 Padova

Aside from the home draw to Reggina, I really couldn't ask for a much better month. We had a strong first half against Citadella, poor second and we almost conceded a last minute goal. The next match was pretty much the same story except we did concede a late goal. Great 5-0 win against Lanciano, best part is we weren't even the best team on the pitch. We we're outplayed for most of the match, but we made good use of their chances and exploited their poor defence. Great win at Modena which they outplayed us as well, and lucky home win against Padova. We were 1-0 down, then we scored in the 83rd and 88th minute to seal us a victory. Hoping things can stay like this.

January

Crotone 5-1 Brescia

Only 1 match in January and we dominated it. The result tells you exactly how the game went. Good finishing, and we completely outplayed them which is pretty much the opposite of the last time we met. Getting closer and closer to promotion spots.

February

Siena 2-5 Crotone

Crotone 4-2 Varese

Ternana 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 1-2 Pescara

Not sure exactly what happened to us against Ternana, or even after the game for that matter. We we're on a 6 game winning run and everything just went bad for us. La Spezia, first placed team next. Wish me luck

March

Spezia 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 1-1 Juve Stabia

Bari 4-2 Crotone

Crotone 2-2 Trapani

Crotone 0-1 Novara

Unbelievable. 2 points only. I've lost all hope in promotion this season. I'll stay though even though I said I would leave if I didn't get promoted. Interesting to see how I can rebuild this squad.

Yep. Serie B and I have to say out of all the leagues I have managed in FM, never has been tougher to manage than in Serie B. Unsuccessful so many times, although I'm confident if I spend smart in the window, I can make this team a real force in this league and eventually get promoted.

April

Cesena 2-5 Crotone

Carpi 2-0 Crotone

Crotone 1-3 Palermo

Empoli 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 1-2 Latina

Its all gone wrong and promotion is near impossible now. Even if I win the rest of my games chances are the others will as well and add to their points which makes it extremely difficult to get in the top 6. I need to spend smart in the window. Not sure what happened against Cesena. We had more than 10 shots on target and after that I was confident I could beat the others but that wasn't the case. May take some time though, I took a gamble changing to a 5-2-3 with wing backs and ended up winning 5-2 against Cesena, so I'm really not too sure what could have happened. We outplayed most of the teams this month in fact, but our defending hasn't been great. We need more strikers next season because Ishak is on loan and he's leaving unless I can renew his loan, Pettinari is playing as striker but that isn't his natural position, and Abou Diop is also on loan and he isn't that good really.

Sitting in 13th with 48 points. In 6th is Palermo with 63 points. Nothing to get excited for anymore. Best I can hope for now is to break into the top 10, and that also seems difficult.

May

Avellino 1-2 Crotone

Crotone 3-1 Citadella

Reginna 0-1 Crotone

Lanciano 1-1 Crotone

Crotone 5-1 Modena

June

Padova 1-0 Crotone

End of the season. Decided to fit in May and June in one post since there is only 1 match in June. May was a great month really. It would have been much better to have the month before though, as it would have given me a bigger chance of being in a playoff position. Although I felt we could have won at Lanciano but I guess I can't complain.

New season has begun.

Transfers

In:

Stefano Pettinari (permanent from co-ownership deal) 1k

Olivier Veignaue - free

Ricardo Charles - 600k

Johann Letzelter - free

Dominique Malonga - free

Saverio Guariniello - free

Jan Lavutska - Free

Mamadou Samassa - loan

Emanuele Suagher - loan

Lionel Zouma - loan

Out:

Ciao Secco - 200k to Parma

Emanuele Concetti - contract expiry

Kelvin Matute - contract expiry

Antonio Mazotta - 900k to Spezia

Giuseppe Prestia - 1.9M to Torino

Michele Cremonensi - 300k to Grosseto

Happy with the business I did. I don't think its enough for promotion but I have enough players now to build a full team without loans. Of course loans are important which is why I loaned out some players once again. I also brought up some players from our youth team.

August

Crotone 0-1 Cesena

Palermo 2-0 Crotone

Crotone 3-0 Lanciano

Weak start. We were outplayed against Cesena, we slightly outplayed Palermo and dominated against Lanciano. I guess its a fair month when it comes to stats but I'm obviously not happy with the start. Hoping for better.

September

Latina 0-3 Crotone

Ascoli 2-3 Crotoni

Crotone 3-0 Cremonese

Novara 1-2 Crotone

Crotone 1-1 Empoli

Almost a perfect month but Empoli seems to be my bogey side as I yet again fail to beat them. Absolutely dominated the second half against Latina and that's why we scored 3. We were 2 down against Ascoli and mounted a 3 goal comeback. 1 in the first half, 2 in the second. The game against Cremonese was dominated by us and we almost drew at Novara as they almost found a late equalizer but we were able to keep things at 2-1 during the end to win the game. Sitting in 3rd 2 points behind Cesena and Livorno.

October

Brescia 2-2 Crotone

Citadella 3-4 Crotone

Crotone 1-3 Parma

Crotone 1-0 Vicenza

Bad month. We scraped a win against Vicenza and turned the game around from 3-1 against Citadella. We can't play like this against top sides and it was proven against Parma. Surprised Parma even got relegated to be honest, they aren't a bad team in Serie A.

November

Trapani 3-2 Crotone

Crotone 0-0 Modena

Crotone 0-0 Hellas Verona

Pescara 1-3 Crotone

After the Trapani match, changes needed to be made. I'm still sticking to my 5-2-3 formation, but I need to change some of my roles. I am sticking with my false 9 and complete wing backs but I changed the roles of 2 strikers and a box-to-box midfielder to advance playmaker. It took 2 games to get a win with it, but we did outplay Modena and Verona. Also delighted to win at Pescara. They are doing very well in the league right now.

December

Livorno 4-1 Crotone

Crotone 3-2 Ternana

Bari 4-1 Crotone

Crotone 2-2 Varese

Grosseto 0-1 Crotone

We struggled against the stronger sides during this month. Also had a horrendous second half against Ternana as they scored 2. We still won that game. We got a good win over Grosseto since we were away with 10 men. It wasn't a terrible month, it wasn't good either although I'm not too angry however as I was expecting to lose against Livorno and Bari. Although I wasn't expecting to lose 4-1

Anyways its half the season so I guess I'll update the league table.

2650d137724bb0fb2fe39778d326b4b5.png

We are 5th and if things go on like they did this month we would easily finish in playoff spot. However I am never comfortable to be in the playoffs as it usually requires me to make a last minute tactical change (that's the only way I've had success in the playoffs anyways) and I just seem to do very poorly in the league I am promoted after I win in the playoffs. When I've had more success when I got promoted automatically. Not much more however, I've never been able to keep a team up in FM 14 in a first division. I got close once with Brighton getting relegated on the last day, but I'm looking to make it successful.

February

Lanciano 0-1 Crotone

Crotone 2-1 Ascoli

Crotone 0-1 Latina

Cremonese 1-2 Crotone

Will Lanciano ever beat us? I hope not to be completely honest but as long as we are both in this division for a few more seasons they probably will beat us just once. Obviously I'm hoping to gain promotion this season whether its through playoffs I don't really care how we do it. I much rather get promoted automatically but of course I'm taking any possible chance. Also we yet again fail to beat Latina. When will we beat them?

March

Crotone 0-1 Novara

Empoli 3-3 Crotone

Crotone 1-1 Brescia

Parma 2-1 Crotone

Crotone 0-0 Citadella

If this keeps up we aren't even going to finish in the top 15. Race for a top half finish is tight, and we are in it right now. Promotion is a doubt at this point really, so lets focus on top 10. Also glad to get a draw at Empoli. Solid result as it was a very important point since they are in the race for top half.

April

Vicenza 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 5-1 Trapani

Modena 1-3 Crotone

Crotone 4-0 Livorno

I'll admit that I just did an instant result for Crotone because my game crashed and it brought me back there. I don't know about the rest of you but I hate re-doing games and will only do it if there is more than 3. I tested my luck and I won. I won the original game 4-2 anyway's so not like any difference was made. Great result against Livorno, I couldn't believe it personally. We we're up 3-0 in the first half and then scored 1 in the second. We dominated that game. Also fantastic win against Trapani, that win really boosted our morale. There is still hope for promotion despite me believing there wasn't. Currently in 6th.

May

Verona 1-4 Crotone

Crotone 0-1 Pescara

Ternana 2-3 Crotone

Crotone 4-2 Bari

Varese 1-0 Crotone

Crotone 3-1 Grosseto

It was a tight race, but we are in the playoffs. I will explain all the end of season stats in my next post which will be me posting my results in the playoffs.

Update

Had to take in my computer for repairs and my desktop isn't good enough to run FM. I've emailed the save files to myself however so I should be able to continue this save.

A little spoiler though because I should have posted this hours ago. I lost in the playoff final.

I'm back

Playoffs

Crotone 2-1 Livorno

Livorno 1-4 Crotone

Stunned at the fact we won 4-1 in their own home field. I had a bit of a scare when they scored a late goal in our home field.

Crotone 0-2 Bari

Bari 3-1 Crotone

Of course. We we're outplayed in both games. Shocked and annoyed at this result but the positive thing is if we went up, we would have immediately gone back down. Can't complain too much but our performance after so many good games was just shocking and annoying.

Anyway's I started the next season. I did a lot of transfers but the list is so long that I am not going to write it out. I just screenshotted them. Here they are

9fd2121861778ac58b06329ad2dceaab.png

ab190d5c0c523563a32e5ce0a6151d8e.png

August

Novara 2-0 Crotone

Crotone 0-1 Parma

Chievo 1-1 Crotone

Bad start. After the Parma game I had to change up my tactics a little bit. I changed a few roles and moved down a striker to an attacking midfielder but that's about it. No drastic changes really and it worked well against Chievo. We didn't win, they scored a late goal but to be fair its Chievo. Can't complain about the draw

I apoligize for the disappointing post its just I'm a little rushed typing this due to the fact that I just got my computer back and wanted to keep playing.

Nah I'm done here. Waste of time.

We are in an extremely insecure financial status meaning I have to get promoted this season or else we'll be forced to sell players. Not looking likely right now and nothing is working.

May take me a bit to decide on my next save. I want it to be in Serie B personally.

Archived