I can't get rid of my first season poor players

In the middle of the summer i realized that i have a lot of free time and decided to start a career with Proodeftiki f.c that participates in the greek third division.This is an amateur league so the teams are in an extremely bad economic situation and have very low reputation.I managed to sign a couple of good (but old) foreign players and some young locals with good potential.I easily finished at the top of the league and got promoted to the second division.Because of the poor financial state of the team i renew the most contracts of my players even though they asked for much better wages.My season was moderate and i finished 9th out of 14 and comfortably escaped relegation.Then i realized that my players became very old and their stats dropped dramatically and the youngsters i brought in aren't good enough to play in the league.So i decided to sell the old ones and send the youngsters on loan and try to buy some experienced and high quality players who can help me get promoted.The problem is that i can't sell or loan any of my players because no one is interested.I offered them to clubs numerous times with 0$ transfer fee or 0% wages payed and no one made an offer which is strange because the are decent players for second division teams and great for third division teams.This is catastrophic for me because i am stuck with those players and i don't have the budget to get others players.It got more annoying when i asked for mutual termination to some players,they accepted but my club refused to pay the compensation because of its poor finacial state.Any suggestions about what should i do????

Unfortunately this is a big problem in this year's edition. Shifting players is kind of like black magic; you basically can't do it. If you've already offered them out for free, then there isn't much more you can do, unfortunately. I have had the same problem every single year, and unless I'm lucky and somebody want them for free, they will run down the contracts. Frustrating because I know they could do a good job lower down, but nobody will touch them with a ten-foot pole.

You probably do not have a football director at your club, but in some cases he has been able to get rid of players I could not. I just put them into unwanted list and sometimes he got them a deal. Mostly not though. There is a possibility in "Staff responsibilties" - sheet to change the loan/sell responsibilities even to some others, even chairman, but I have no idea if that could work. Should be hilarious at least.

Well one of the players that i'm trying to sell is a 36 year old ex-international striker from France(i don't know if it is allowed to say player names here) and as my scout says he is a good player for most second division teams.Also i can assure you that a lot of second division teams have worst strikers than him.I managed to sell for free a 32 years old serbian winger to a top division team(i can't understand why they want him) and a 25 years old guinean wiger to a third division team and all of them are worst players than the striker .I guess that the teams in this year's game don't want to buy very old players no matter how good they are.

Archived