A few questions on adding a fantasy nation

Wegason

So I am in the middle of creating my custom database and what I want to do is to create a new nation with over a 100 created clubs, over 70 cities, 4 divisions, its own weather systems, over 100 created stadiums including future moves, and about 200 created players/non-players.

I've set up most of this (only items outstanding are half the clubs and the players/non-players) but the way I have done it is that I have replaced Gibraltar and made my created nation a full FIFA member as well.

Having read up that Gibraltar don't enter World Cup qualifying even if you make them a full FIFA member I have a few questions as follows:

- Is it true that ticking the full FIFA member won't have my Gibraltar replacement enter World Cup Qualifying?

- If true, would it work if I moved a 'European' nation like Kazakhstan to Asia and got rid of an Asian nation (if necessary).

- Would it be better to make an inactive nation my new nation, make it active, and then move Kazakhstan to Asia.

- If none of the above work, can anyone suggest how I get this to work?

In 2010, I replaced the Faroe Islands but in FM 2014 I thought replacing Gibraltar would be easier due to it having one city, being so brand spanking new with few clubs, and having a mix of English/Spanish names I need for my constructed history of my fantasy nation.

All help much appreciated.

From my own experience the best unactive country to create a fantasy nation is CIS. Your country will enter for Euro and WC qualifying and same for the teams on continental competitions. No need to move other nations away, and I wouldn't advice that. FM Editor is not a very reliable tool, a little mistake or conflict and your created database is gone. Keep simple and try not to touch other nations.

About English/Spanish names, 200 created people can do the work. Although when I created my nation I added about 500 people, most of them I only filled NAMES, DOB, CITY, CLUB and PA/CA.

Archived