Requesting youth recruitment improvement in order to sign contract - Annoying (bug?)

I noticed it happening twice so far, my youth recruitment level is "established". Chairman offers me a new contract, I have the request of upgrading youth recruitment, request is accepted, and in the news item I find that

"Our youth recruitment networking budget has been upgraded and over time will be considered established" (that is, the same level it was before the request!!!!! )

This is the second time in a game year I come across this, playing as Tottenham. Happened both in the end of Season 1 and December of Season 2

Also, how long until I can request an upgrade for Youth Recruitment or Junior Coaching? I haven't yet reached top levels (Established and excellent respectively). The Chairman accepted to upgrade at the start of the game, however I am mid-season 2 and have yet to be given the option to request upgrade in the Board meeting tab! The option is not grayed out, but I can only request a cut back!

Ok I can confirm that there seems to be something wrong. It's been a game year now, I had another request to improve youth recruitment on signing my contract, the board accepted and the level is still "established". In addition, I have yet to be allowed to request an improvement using the board meeting, neither for youth recruitment, nor junior coaching.

In another save I had with the same team (Tottenham), I had the options available after some 6 months or so, and by year 3, I had extensive youth recruitment level and exceptional junior coaching. So what is wrong with my current save two years on now? In both saves my reputation was high as the sky (worldwide) , winning the league and europa league first season. Finances the same. So is the availability to upgrade offered in a random fashion???

I would really appreciate feedback, I consider youth development the best part of this game for me and it's a bit frustrating not to know if I will never be given the option to have top upgrade levels

Archived