Constantly cocky and complacent

Whenever I check some of my players, Mitrovic & Welbeck especially, the reports of them always say they are cocky during warm-up and feel we can win every game because of our form, or without much ease. Seeing as there's no way to cut this out via team talks or individual player talks, what options are there left to do so? Do I have to be more harsh when answering media questions about the side's form, but then risk upsetting the team by doing so? I'm sure this is affecting the players and team in general, but how can it be stamped out?

I have checked my team and noticed that at least 7 of my regular starting 11 players have this issue on a fairly regular basis. I just got a media question which I linked below which is an example of a media question that may affect cockiness/complacency depending on how it's answered. By answering the second option, which says my teams knows not to be complacent, and thus they work hard every day, wouldn't be the ideal answer to give due to half the side showing cockiness before most games, believing we can win without much effort. (i.e they don't know how to not be complacent because they show outward signs of being so on game day.) If I then chose option 4, saying it's going to be hard to maintain such a high level of form over a whole season, would this bring negativity to the thoughts of my players, making them feel it's going to be tough to keep up at this level, and thus lowering their mood? Or would it snap them out of their complacent behaviours and make them work harder and take it more seriously?

http://gyazo.com/67545250a8494d9b1bc842f8c78c3b25

Archived