Struggling with PSG?

In my first ever season on this version with PSG and am really finding it hard.

So I'm playing 3 tactics.

1. 451

2 451 with two wide player, CM, two AMC RL players.

I have short passing quick tempo/wide width and direct passing slow tempo/narrow width. the former applied to weaker and slow teams and the latter to big teams with faster players.

But with these tactics I get thumped by smaller teams.

My training is dependent of the games, I have attacking movement to work on making more chances but when conceding alot I work on defensive positioning. General training differs.

Then when it comes to team talk I can never get the green bars light up it's always red and I never get a positive reaction no matter what tone I use.

I have followed alot of things for this game, which is the hardest and least enjoyable for me EVER.

Hope to have some ideas.

It's very normal to get little reaction to teamtalks in the 1st season. You are a nobody, why would big stars like Ibrahimovic listen to you? You will need to earn their respect 1st.

4-5-1, I assume is 1 dm, 2 cm, 1 amr/aml and 1 striker?

Vasilli is right. I managed PSG as a way to introduce myself to FM13 and it's changes when I first bought it. My reputation wasn't too high and as a result everything faltered. The players I signed responded well to my instructions and team talks. They were far and away the best performers in my team - pulling in the type of ratings that I was expecting from Lucas Moura, Lavezzi, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic. But, why should they listen to me? I'm an ex-semi professional footballer. In their minds, they have better knowledge of football than me. Needless to say I learnt from it.

If they aren't complying with your instructions, just keep it simple. If they want to behave immaturely then give them simple, non-complex settings. They're a simple bunch that PSG squad; mighty talented though.

Keep creative freedom LOW. For me, that means they don't have license to deviate from your tactical instructions therefore less likely for them to let their big-egos affect the way they play. Keep it rigid. Until they learn how to play as a team they can't be fluid. Fluidity is linked, for me, with creative freedom and roaming. If they're out of position or not doing their job, they're less likely to want to run back and help if they don't like you. You're the best team in the league, of that there is on question. You can play good, attacking football without fluidity. I'd argue that the most attractive sides to watch are very strict in their player roles. If Xavi/Iniesta don't do what Xavi/Iniesta do then Barcelona doesn't work. If they deviate then Messi can't do what Messi does and so forth. Attacking football can be very structured. I had a Madrid save using this philosophy.

Keep things simple. There is a tendency among FMers to over complicate tactics when managing teams with exceptional players. I've said it before on this forum but tweak it game by game. The best tactics are developed over seasons - not weeks. If Ibrahimovic STILL isn't listening to you, just keep his creative freedom low as possible until he realises your tactical instruction will benefit the team. Low morale is a bit of a concertina effect unfortunately. Good results and excellent man management will turn it around. If you find that one or two players are responding particularly well to your instruction, as I said often players you've signed, then focus the game around them. You'll be lucky if it's one of your stars but take it slowly and don't ask too much of them is my advice - just keep it strict and simple then slowly add creative freedom to give your game a dynamic edge. Build from the back... Your defenders are the best in the league. If you don't concede all game, you'd like to think your all-star attack could tumble the ball in at the other end. Oh, also, ditch short passing. Unless a team is oozing confidence and ability, I really think it is a recipe for disaster.

It's very normal to get little reaction to teamtalks in the 1st season. You are a nobody, why would big stars like Ibrahimovic listen to you? You will need to earn their respect 1st.

4-5-1, I assume is 1 dm, 2 cm, 1 amr/aml and 1 striker?

I have two 4-5-1 formations.

The one im using the most is two wide players, a centre mid, then two AMC on the right and left and one striker.

Vasilli is right. I managed PSG as a way to introduce myself to FM13 and it's changes when I first bought it. My reputation wasn't too high and as a result everything faltered. The players I signed responded well to my instructions and team talks. They were far and away the best performers in my team - pulling in the type of ratings that I was expecting from Lucas Moura, Lavezzi, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic. But, why should they listen to me? I'm an ex-semi professional footballer. In their minds, they have better knowledge of football than me. Needless to say I learnt from it.

If they aren't complying with your instructions, just keep it simple. If they want to behave immaturely then give them simple, non-complex settings. They're a simple bunch that PSG squad; mighty talented though.

Keep creative freedom LOW. For me, that means they don't have license to deviate from your tactical instructions therefore less likely for them to let their big-egos affect the way they play. Keep it rigid. Until they learn how to play as a team they can't be fluid. Fluidity is linked, for me, with creative freedom and roaming. If they're out of position or not doing their job, they're less likely to want to run back and help if they don't like you. You're the best team in the league, of that there is on question. You can play good, attacking football without fluidity. I'd argue that the most attractive sides to watch are very strict in their player roles. If Xavi/Iniesta don't do what Xavi/Iniesta do then Barcelona doesn't work. If they deviate then Messi can't do what Messi does and so forth. Attacking football can be very structured. I had a Madrid save using this philosophy.

Keep things simple. There is a tendency among FMers to over complicate tactics when managing teams with exceptional players. I've said it before on this forum but tweak it game by game. The best tactics are developed over seasons - not weeks. If Ibrahimovic STILL isn't listening to you, just keep his creative freedom low as possible until he realises your tactical instruction will benefit the team. Low morale is a bit of a concertina effect unfortunately. Good results and excellent man management will turn it around. If you find that one or two players are responding particularly well to your instruction, as I said often players you've signed, then focus the game around them. You'll be lucky if it's one of your stars but take it slowly and don't ask too much of them is my advice - just keep it strict and simple then slowly add creative freedom to give your game a dynamic edge. Build from the back... Your defenders are the best in the league. If you don't concede all game, you'd like to think your all-star attack could tumble the ball in at the other end. Oh, also, ditch short passing. Unless a team is oozing confidence and ability, I really think it is a recipe for disaster.

TBH im used to playing with big teams.

So your are saying even against small teams its best to play with low creative freedom and to keep it rigid.

From what I have seen and told by my coaches they say the teams is fluid with my tactics.

Also would you advice playing direct passing in all 3 of my tactics.

I agree unlike others I changed alot and had success, with this version it seems it hasnt got flaws in that you can get away with changing too much. In this you have to be precise, accurate but importantly to keep it simple.

Archived