have you guys experimented with...

the youth rating in the editor.?

i´m assuming that increasing this number, will likely produce better regens and the opposite, if the rating is reduced, but as im unfamiliar with the effects, i was curious if others had done so and what the results were.?

if you changed the numbers, how uch did you have ti chabge it, for the difference to be noticeable.?

thanks in advance

Dennis

Back in FM12 (or FM11?) I lowered the youth ratings for every country by 10% because I felt there were too many strong youth players coming through (we're speaking of a 60,000 player database here). I think I lowered some countries like Mexico, Egypt and China even further because I felt there were too many good players from these countries and their youth ratings were unjustifiably high. After the changes I found the balance quite pleasing, so the amount of good players was a little less. I also did some long-term tests and compared CA/PA distribution in 2012 and 2042 with FMRTE and it was quite stable afterwards.

Hence: Unless you make drastic changes in the ratings, pay attention and have a good overview over a few thousand regens, you are unlikely to see major differences. But I can only advise you to run some long-term tests before you start your actual save. Because an unbalanced gameworld can really be a killer for a savegame. What exactly are you trying to do?

just enhancing the levels of certain countris and lowering the values of others.

by the way in 2013 ;)

just curious if others had done so and what the results showed.

like you fx stating, that you decreased it by 10 %. I´ve always thought that regens lacekd a little comapred to the players at the start of the game, so was looking to do the opposite of you actually, but only for certain countries. had any experience with enhancin the number?

Archived