Staff Reputation questions

(This primarily relates to FM12 as I still have two very long term games on the go, but I guess '13 isn't very different).

Attributes aside, can anyone tell me if there's a benefit to having higher reputation staff over lower-rep ones? I've tried searching for an answer to this but haven't found a decent one yet. Do players perhaps train a little harder for respected staff over obscure/local ones? Are players more likely to sign for a club with high rep backroom staff? As it is, it seems that higher rep staff just cost more in wages and get poached more often.

I had read somewhere once that higher rep youth coaches might increase the quality of the youth intake, is that accepted or is it completely dependent on the youth network and facilities?

On a similar note, does staff rep change much? I have a couple of coaches who have been with my club over 10+ seasons as we've climbed from the depths of non-league to prem challengers. The club rep has risen to national, my own rep has risen to continental, but theirs is still regional at best.

Any answers or links to guides appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

As I posted elsewhere, lower rep means generally lower wages - which is a good thing. So if you're low on funds, the lower the better.

I can't answer your question re: players respecting staff with higher reps, but I've never had a problem with lower rep staff.

Youth intake is related to your facilities, and also highly random - as in there are no guarantees that players will be any good, but the probability increases with better facilities.

Staff rep seems to change and I think it's somewhat linked to your club's rep. I think it's slow to increase though and might also depend on the staff role (an assistant is higher profile than a youth coach).

Archived