Lets see where this takes us

FCHALIFAX11

Right well a bit of an introduction basically I am going to have a Career with no specific aims in the long term but just a few rules I am going to set myself, it will likely end up as somewhat of a journeyman career (Sunday League Exp level) and I will intend to start it off in England at a low level. I will start of this unemployed if you are like me and prefer to read about Careers with plenty of ups and downs rather than someone winning everything at the first attempt then I think you'll enjoy this as thats how my games tend to pan out, the rules I've set myself for starting off with a lower league club, (I will use Darlington as an example to make explaining it easier) are just really to be realistic with signings, this isn't anything to do with calibre of players but more location, i.e I won't be signing players from Southern clubs on part time deals as it just wouldn't happen in real life, I'll be looking at players who would be likely to move to a team in the North East so players at clubs in my current league and when possible maybe players from Newcastle,Sunderland, Boro, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Blyth etc you get my drift and then maybe the odd player from clubs like York, Harrogate etc within reasonable distance, this also applies to unattached players in relation to their most recent clubs I will be doing this at any part time clubs I manage but obviously the higher in the divisions you are the more scope you have for players travelling, I'm a manager not an accountant so any money the boards give me to spend I will happily do so and leave the boards to worry about the clubs overall financial position.

Leagues loaded

England- Counties League Level 9

France- National

Germany- Third division

Italy- Serie C2

Scotland Third Division

Spain- Second Division B

I have chosen these leagues with the exception of Scotland as I think they are the best leagues in Europe and have also added Scotland as I think it links up well with England in game

well this game has to be short lived, game running painfully slow, thought it'd be okay as I've ran games with more leagues on fine but I think the extra cup competitions etc with the english level 11 added on has killed it, will start a journeyman career instead I think

edit: In fact I'm just going to amend this thread to make it look like that was the intention all along. :D

09/08/12

skelmersdale_united_logo_300x300.jpg

Got offered plenty of jobs over the summer but the first one to take my interest was Skelmersdale United due to being based in the North West making it convenient for me.

skelmersdale-utd-ashley-travel-stadium-3.jpg

Skelmersdale United F.C. are a football club from Skelmersdale, Lancashire competing in the Northern Premier League Division One North. The club is a member of both the Liverpool F.A. and the Lancashire County Football Association. The ground is called the West Lancashire College Stadium and holds 2500 people with 240 seats, I have been hired to replace Tommy Lawson who has left to manage Chesham United after missing out on promotion via the playoffs in five out of the last six seasons.

Board Expectations:

League: Win the Evostick Division One North

FA Cup: Reach the first round

FA Trophy: Reach the 4th Qualifying round

Challenge Cup: Reach the 4th round

Presidents Cup: Reach the semi final

quite a demanding board then! especially with regards to the FA Cup

Friendlys (Not in charge for any)

Skelmersdale United 0-2 Southport

Skelmersdale United 2-0 AFC Fylde

Skerlmersdale United 1-2 Carlisle United

Glasshoughton Welfare 1-2 Skelmersdale United

Kidsgrove Athletic 2-2 Skelmersdale United

Transfer Budget: Zilch

Wage Budget: £578 p/w, currently spending £696

I've seen Skelmersdale Utd play a few times this season. In real life they're undefeated and, although not top, have a heap of games in hand.

Under Tommy Lawson they play some of the prettiest football I've ever seen in the local Non-League scene. They get the ball down, pass it quickly and use the wings well. See if you can live up to that!

Pre-season signings

In the short time between taking over and the start of the season I have made 3 signings

Joe Booth- centre midfielder on loan from AFC Fylde

Luke Morgan- right winger formally of Bradford City and Salford

Liam Wilkinson- former Sheffield United trainee who can play on either wing

To be honest I don't think my squad is anywhere near good enough to win the league and think the board are asking a lot there, we'll give it a shot though!

Mossley 2-1 Skelmersdale United

We got off to a poor start with the defence looking relatively solid but nothing in midfield left them exposed and we found ourselves 2 behind, Liam Wilkinson pulled a goal back in the second half with a stunning effort and we got better as the game went on pushing for an equaliser in the end put we couldn't find the final pass to create a good opening.

We signed veteran Central Midfielder Robbie Lawton on a season long loan from Marine after he impressed on trial with us

Skelmersdale United 3-1 Curzon Ashton

We dominated the first half but couldn't find a goal but we were much more clinical in the second half with Mark Jackson scoring 2 and then setting up Liam Wilkinson for a third, Curzon pulled one back late on with a stunning free kick, good result and performance.

Skelmersdale United 1-0 Whitham Town FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round

A goal from substitute Luke Morgan sees us progress in the cup

I've seen Skelmersdale Utd play a few times this season. In real life they're undefeated and, although not top, have a heap of games in hand.

Under Tommy Lawson they play some of the prettiest football I've ever seen in the local Non-League scene. They get the ball down, pass it quickly and use the wings well. See if you can live up to that!

I met Tommy Lawson in the pub after Halifax played them a few seasons ago, was chatting to him about the game and thought he was just a fan until he mentioned getting sent to the stands, was a top bloke

Archived