Teamwork, team cohesion (sp.?), youth and new signings?

Hello,

Am I correct in that the teamwork training regime focus on training stats (like teamwork I would guess... :) and that team cohesion (the pre-match one, if I don't mix them up), gels your squad on the field?

If so how many new signings are easy to blend into your team and for how long should you focus on gelling them? I have had a pretty poor start to my third season but I have bought quite a few players the last two windows and suspect this can have something to do with it. Now it is december and it seems like things are slowly coming together, after I re-started the gelling process in late november. Would this be normal?

Also, after my last match the report said I fielded a young team. Maybe I was but not only young players, or for how long are they counted as young?

I think young players are generally less concistent than older players even though they are as good otherwise. Maybe SI have implemented a special development model for the Consistency attribute in FM13?

Your team being gelled in november/december sounds normal. I think it follows the same line as tactical familiarity, and I think it makes individual players from foreign nations have significantly lower mental attributes than they appear to have in their profile. Maybe they are cut in half for a certain amount of time? Certainly feels like it at times...

Thanks, quite a few of my new players are from abroad. But now I'm in january and I have to say I have a hard time finding consistency. I try to follow all the good advice on here but to no avail. Think I'm going to start a new career save soon and start from the lower leagues. I find that I have too much feelings involved when managing my favourite club (QPR)...

Archived