Youth setup / Youth Facilities; the same?

I wanted to know the answer to a quandary but perhaps it would help others too.

I have asked my board to improve the 'Youth Setup Category' to which they agreed, but I noticed under club overview/email that to do this they are to improve the youth facilities.

This will take 6 months at a cost of £4million.

I then go back to the board to ask for other improvements; I see youth facilities is available so I ask for an upgrade.

They agree at a time frame of 6 months or however many months are left to improve the 'Youth Setup Category' and at a cost of £4million.

So I have to ask, are they the same upgrade?

If I ask to improve the category and the training am I paying £4million twice for the same upgrade.

Anyone had this experience? Might know the answer?

I am Walsall....£4million is a lot...

Also I did ask for a youth category upgrade the season before, and the email I got back from the board had a blank subject, and simply read 'they agreed with my suggestion at the last board meeting', there was no mention of what they were going to improve....

I love the new interaction but sometimes I'm left a little lost as to how it actually benefits me.

Your youth category status is based on how advanced your youth facilities are. The idea is that that those clubs with a category 1 status are the best youth facilities around and therefore are allowed the responsibility to bring through the best youth players around. This is so the best young players in the country get exposed to the best youth facilities, therefore hopefully making them better players.

When your facilities eventually meet the grade, your status will be upgraded and you will start bringing in better regens into your youth setup. You can't just upgrade to a higher status, it is done through having better youth facilities.

Okay from that I guess the answer is I would be paying twice because the game isn't factoring in the planned upgrade....and the badly explain email was because it was an instant upgrade on the youth category the first time I asked.

Cheers Winto.

SI? A fault perhaps or does it need to spend twice? I'll update in a few days as I reloaded my game and only went for the youth category upgrade.

It could be that they won't make the same upgrade twice. Perhaps because you asked to improve the facilities in the planning stage they just gave you the same plans or they might be making further improvements so you get improvements on your improvements.

Either way, your board decided you can afford it and it would be worth doing.

Archived