update date

I understand that SI have to choose a date to update the game but I find it annoying that after sealing my promotion to the championship with 2 games remaining I have started to look at ways to improve my squad and tried to gain the front foot in some dealings but players who I suspect will be interested come the update aren't interested at the moment. Is there a way to change the update date or do I just have to put up with it? I'm sure IRL when a side seals promotion they would start planning for the next season and try to gain the upper hand in any dealings so it's a shame it's not replicated in the game.

What makes you think it isn't? You can make bids for players who are coming out of contract (depending on what country they're coming from anyway), you can make transfer bids and have them sealed ready for when the transfer window opens. You also have to bear in mind you're talking about players who you merely suspect will be interested in joining you come the update. That doesn't mean they'll be interested even once it's updated, they could still be uninterested (they know you can't pay what they want, they think that even though you've got promoted they can do better than you, etc).

Archived