Second Season Syndrome

I'm currently playing a Barcelona game and first season i was superb, won La Liga, Spanish Cup, Champs League and World Club Cup playing some of the best football since i started playing the game. I am playing 4-2-3-1 with Abidal, Pique, Puyol and Alves at the back, Busquets and Xavi, and with Messi (on the right) Fabregas in the middle and Iniesta on the left with Villa up top on his own. I'm in December in my second season and although i am 8 points clear at the top of the league i don't seem to be playing as well, not just as a team but individuals, ie Messi, he has scored 19 goals which by December is quality but his missing the target from the 6 yard area which for his standard is ridiculous. I also just lost in the final of the World Club Cup to Sao Paulo which is pathetic coz that is the easiest tournament to win. My thoughts for my loss of form (i suppose you could call it) is i think in the first season all the players are still in Pep Guardiola mode and still playing his football, and although we are still playing decent football there just doesn't seem to be the same fluidity about our play. I set defenders to defending training and midfielders to midfield training etc so i think they might be losing their attributes that Guardiola's training gave them which i understand coz i'm not Guardiola but i still want them to play that sort of football.

First of all do you think that is why i'm not doing as well, Secondly, can anyone recommend a good passing training schedule to use for a Barcelona team? (i cant download on my computer so screenshots would be handy)

Yeah i hear what your saying and i knew someone would come back and say that but there just seems to be something missing from the team

I do agree I think that sometimes, I always want perfection and sometimes a 3-0 win can be a bad performance. But a win is a win, thats how I see it anyways.

Archived