balenced/rigid/very rigid

whats the best ? i have a 4 5 1 formation which is set out with a dm 2 cms 2 wide players and 1 up top, my team is everton i want the wide players to get crosses in etc shall i put them on attack? but will attack make them help out the team when the other team is in possession ? i dont want to be all out attack but i do want my players to attack but also help out in defending when need be, also whats the best passin style ? shorter or more direct? i want a nice passin game and to play balls into space i dont want a long ball game

thanks if you can help me

I play fluid control, with a 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3) with Everton. The shape however is the same as the 4-5-1. It works well but I am still trying to nut out various thing s with it.

The back four are FB (att), CD (Def), DM(Anchor), CM (BWM Support), Wingers, one is Winger (supp) the other is Inside forward (att), and Striker varies from poacher, Advanced FwD, to Complete Fwd.

With my CM's I am trying to develop a pivot system which sometimes works but sometimes doesn't so still figuring that.

Passing is up to you short or direct doesn't necessarily equate to long balls forward, it comes down more to your starting mentality. Of the three in your title I would choose Balanced, not a fan of the other two. Whilst Everton may not have the best squad in the league, they do like to play and generally have very good workrates, so rigid and very rigid I found to hamper this a little.

But back to passing my starting preference is short, but I switch that to direct if I feel the need. A neat passing game will also depend on the opposition, if they are closing you down quickly options become limited so passing turns to pot. The shape you have will provide a nice passing game if they have the space. Balanced control will have a nice tempo, and Everton tend to like a moderate tempo.

Shouts: push higher up, stay on feet, retain possession.

Maybe some of that is useful... late for work now ...haha :)

the fluidity of your team relates to how much your players move between attack, midfield and defence. So if you have defensive players in the centre of the park with full backs it's best to play more rigid, but if you have AP's or CM's with attack or support then it is better to be fluid.

Archived