Hoffenheim

Okay guys i dont think there is a team thread for this so i thought i would post it here.

I like to have 2 games on the go and ive started a game with Oxford and just decided to give Hoffenheim a go!

But i have really no idea who to sign im on 8.02

Any ideas? Thanks

I' just started a game with them the other day. You have some excellent players: - Edu, Ba, Nilsson, Carlos Eduardo. However I'd say they're pretty short in defence and midfield. Thankfully you have plenty of money to spend, with a budget of 10m for a top-half finish and a lot more should you set expectations higher. A spanking new 30 000 seater stadium is also on the cards.

On to signings, and I opted for Toni Kroos on loan for a season, as well as a couple of south americans - Miguel Riffo, a centre-half from Colo Colo, and Batista from Brazil, an AMC. I've found that if you start with automatic reputation, not many players from Europe will sign for you, so South America is your main market. There's plenty of good players there, you just need to take a few risks.

One question I'd like to know the answer to is if the money keeps coming after the first season? The reason I ask is I've just spent ~9m on players to guarantee promotion. My signings so far: -

Miguel Riffo - DC - £3m

Christof Babatz - MC - Free

Batista - AMLC - £1m

Marko Marin - AMC ~ £4m

Toni Kroos - AMC - Loan

I also have Rafeal Forster and Matias Cahais in July 2008 and 2009 respectively. So that's the bulk of my budget now spent, and I'm only in September. I did this with the expectation that I will get more cash next season as well, does this hold true?

There actually is a team thread somewhere. It's called Hoffenheim the German QPR or something. Anyway my old Hoffenheim game got deleted, so I started one up with the weegie update. This means the team is already in the 1. Bundesliga. Somehow I'm in 4th after 17 games and Edu has 24 goals in the league already. By the way, I brought in a completely new starting 11 other than Per Nillson, Carlos Eduardo, and Edu. Having played with them before, I knew they were very good.

Some of my notable results:

A 2-1 Dortmund

A 1-1 Bayern

A 4-1 Werder Bremen

I was extremely happy about the Bremen game, since Edu netted his 2nd hat trick of the season to go along with his 5 braces so far.

Oh and here is my team

-------------Edu-------------

--Eduardo--Buonanotte--Ba---

-----Pavlyucheck-Domingo-----

Kaue--Nillson--Hernani--Angulo

-----------Arenas------------

Arenas is allowing a lot of goals, but I can't complain with Edu pounding em in.

Archived