FM12: Blackpool F.C. – ‘The Tangerine Dream (Of Bouncebackability)'

Mooki3

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the delay, finished the season an or so ago so here's how it went in our first season back in the top flight.

It was touch and go the first few months, we were very inconsistent through out but I wasn't expecting anything less. We got trounced most of the time by the top teams, but we battled well with mid table/bottom half sides. It left us finishing in this position.

Final League Table

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-3.png

Quite pleased tbh, the bookmakers gave us no chance at the start of the season so to finish around mid table is a good achievement.

The run in to the end of the season was as I said before, quite inconsistent. Our last 4 games, I had my eye on 10th, so wanted to keep close and aim to finish there. Didn't turn out to be the case, but we finished strongly by beating Blackburn 4-0;

Results

BlackpoolFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

There were plenty of 1-0 wins, loads in fact. But that's what you want if your a promoted side in the top fight.

Player Of The Season

CraigCathcartOverview_Attributes.png

I chose Cathcart as I thought he stepped up well in the BPL, he kept strong throughout and made significant improvements in some areas.

One To Watch

LeonardoBittencourtOverview_Attributes-2.png

Somewhere in the thread you will see a Screenshot of Bittencourt from when I first signed him. He has made some dramatic improvements and is still only 19. He's already settled down in the first team, and I'm hoping it will continue next season. I have a tactic prepared for next season, so it suits his style of play and so he can play in his most suited position of AMC.

Onwards and Upwards!

@BCFC_Mike: That's a great first season up mate, lets be honest (and I'm in this position this season) survival is the absolute priority in the first season up anything else is a bonus!! Good luck in your building for next season!! Any targets in mind?

Cathcart seems to be doing a similar job for you as he is me too, excellent CB- probably a future captain of my squad!

& Bittencourt does seem to be becoming the kind of player you can build your team around for the next 10 years!! Great spot!!

Congrats again.

@BCFC_Mike: That's a great first season up mate, lets be honest (and I'm in this position this season) survival is the absolute priority in the first season up anything else is a bonus!! Good luck in your building for next season!! Any targets in mind?

Cathcart seems to be doing a similar job for you as he is me too, excellent CB- probably a future captain of my squad!

& Bittencourt does seem to be becoming the kind of player you can build your team around for the next 10 years!! Great spot!!

Congrats again.

Cheers fella.

Keeping a close eye on Daniel Sturridge (Should be leaving the blues on a free come the end of June), Sebastian Corchia and Albin Ekdal.

Just signed Raúl as my assistant manager, he had a brief spell here so he could tutor a few of my younger lot, however he has retired as a player now.

Still, good news!! On another note- you spend some rite money on wages- £200k more than me!! Mind you, you are a year ahead of me too I guess.

It's too much, trust me. I have a couple of players on ridiculous wages, trying to offload them.

Mooki what season are you in to ask for a new stadium and how much money do you have in your balance to ask for it ?

I'm in the 2nd season: I'm in the Premier League, 16 points from 6 games, packing the stadium every game, oh and in the Europa League too. Only got £6.5m in the bank, check the post above tho; the board took out a loan and got £24.5m of sponsorship to pay for the stadium.

It's too much, trust me. I have a couple of players on ridiculous wages, trying to offload them.

Yeah, I hate being in that position! Good luck with it pal.

I tell you what; this Premier League lark is easy!!!

I'm currently 7 games into the season- in 2nd place with 19 points, 1 point behind Manc Utd with a game in hand... Not too bad, but still just aiming for 40 points, and we'll see from there!!

And young Leandro is absolutely on fire with 9 goals in 9 league games!

scouted a few of the championship under 18's southamton and west ham got 3 or 4 800k+ value newgens

49C3B5E3F2C34BEA83D46638BADF0446E96F66E2

GOING TO WEMBLEY AGAIN!!

wow wtf FA cup semi 3 days after replay? seriously, lost that 3-1 and lost sonogo as well. jamal adam scored lol

38E94BA5B9B007D6B7C5FCD50955DA98CCAA6A16

this match decided my promotion, as they were third. not bad considering half my strikers are injured or need resting

EFF19A9FCCB9197813692CD7CC6F8EB7444AE795

what the? board recomended this guy.

6EA3F6FA1EA20EB36AD023B240897E10DB9859DD

job done

shame about the FA cup semi though, for some reason the second semi coventry beat derby, so fancied that.

I'm currently playing as Blackpool. Won the Championship quite easily in my first season, ended up with 107 points, 12 points ahead of 2nd placed Reading.

Just finished my first season in the Premier League, finished 3rd and therefor qualified for the Champions League. My tactics just really seemed to work and we never really had a bad spell all season.

My first XI was as follows:

GK: Ciprian Tatarusanu - probably my worst player of the season

DL: Danny Wilson - on loan from Liverpool

DC's: Chris Samba and Leandro Gioda - was lucky with Samba, Blackburn got relegated and noone else made an offer. Gioda took the position from Cathcart as it seems impossible for him to get a rating over 5.5.

DR: Ivan Bandalovski/Neal Eardley - nothing to say about them really, solid all season.

DMC: Lorenzo Crisetig/Owen Hargreaves - both came on a free transfer after being released from their clubs.

MCd: Bream Kayal - bought him for 7m as I needed a solid defensive minded player in my midfield. His avg. was around 7.0

MCa: Gylfi Sigurðsson - probably my best player this season, scored loads from free kicks (and open play) and assisted a lot, mostly from corners. Got 20 assists in the PL and was 2nd in the Players player of the Year award.

AML: Nacer Barazite - bought as a back-up for 600k because of his versatility, couldn't take him out of the starting line-up after he scored 5 and assisted 5 in his first 8 games. Was voted Young player of the Year.

AMR: Vladimir Weiss - was in City's reserves, got him cheap, easily one of my best players, scored 16 and assisted 13 in the league.

ST: Dominique Malonga - I had many options here, originally I had planned to play him in the AML role, but after Barazite took that from him he excelled as a poacher, scored 20 goals in 22 starts as a striker, was unlucky and got injured for 2 months around Xmas.

I bought Moussa Sow in january as his contract was running out, he couldn't score to save his life so Carlos Fierro got a fair amount of playing time, scoring 10 goals in the League.

Overall a really good season. ATM I'm finishing my summer transfers. Notable transfers were Christian Erikssen from Ajax (10m), Alberto Botía from Sporting (11m) and Giacomo Bonaventura from Atalanta (5m) and David Ospina, goalkeeper from OGC Nice (expired contract). Bonaventura can play all around midfled so he'll be useful. Apart from those three I signed about 10 youngsters just to bolster up my squad.

It's going to be an interesting season, I chose EURO Cup qualifying as my season expectations as I'm not sure we'll have a season like our first one.

I

Is anyone able to sign any good gk coaches? seems like Blackpool have the bug that Villa and Newcatle have where no decent members of staff want to join.

I've got a great coaching staff!!

Opening day of the season....

You Beautyyyyyy!!

Top result that Mike!!

... job done

shame about the FA cup semi though, for some reason the second semi coventry beat derby, so fancied that.

Great season Scott, congrats and good luck with your prep for the Premier League!!

I'm currently playing as Blackpool. Won the Championship quite easily in my first season, ended up with 107 points, 12 points ahead of 2nd placed Reading.

Just finished my first season in the Premier League, finished 3rd and therefor qualified for the Champions League. My tactics just really seemed to work and we never really had a bad spell all season.

Not doing too bad then... :p Jesus, 107 points is monster!! And 3rd in your first season in the Prem... Well done to you Sir!!

:applause:

That looks a very strong side, and to be honest if you can kick-on from your form of the last two seasons I think you'll be challenging for the title within the next couple of seasons... Good luck with it bro, keep us informed, look forward to chatting wit you!!

I'll be on for the evening, I'm just watching 'Moneyball' (read the book recently too, I'd suggest it, good hints for how to play FM!) at the minute and then got a bit of work to do, but I'll catch you all later... No footy on the box this evening is there??

A poor pre season transfers wise IMO, not enough depth in the squad but I'm hoping it will be ok... Players released were ones on stupid wages or just getting on abit. No one wanted them :/

BlackpoolTransfers_History-4-1.png

Results wise, pre season was strong, as was the start of the season. Shame about the slip up at Reading;

BlackpoolFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Currently 3rd in the Prem in my 3rd season in charge, won 4 and lost 2 in 6 Prem games so far, you guys need to look at a player called Fatos Beciraj he is an awesome striker who has got 5 goals in 5 appearances for me so far, here is a pic of him to help you guys decide.

http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss338/Boydy123/?action=view&current=Fatos.png

Right chaps, watching ‘Moneyball’ has inspired me into doing this a little bit differently- so I’m going to start my save over and only bring in players that are on free transfers & only bring in staff that are unattached, the players also have to be aged 23 and under.

I know this might be quite difficult but I’ve found the Blackpool save buying just U18 players I think I can repeat some of my success with (what I am calling) my “Blackpool Second Chance Academy” :p

I'm going to save my current save and lock it away just in-case i fancy coming back to it- as it's pretty good for 18 months in.

So I leave them in a very strong position:

endegf.jpg

And having put a bit of silverware on the shelves

Final Trophy Haul

Championship: 2012

League Cup: 2012

Championship Manager of the Year: 2012

Add to all this the improvement made to the facilities at the club & promise of a new stadium, along with a YTS / Reserve squad that are the subject of massive interest from all major European clubs- I've left them in a decent way!!

So, back to the beginning , and to make it harder!!!

Jamil Adam would be a good start for a striker play him as a poacher.

Yeah, I took a look at him as many people round the fora seem very keen on him- I decided against him though, went instead for Krisztián Németh, who I've had at Liverpool on previous games and was pretty damn good for me!

Yeah, I took a look at him as many people round the fora seem very keen on him- I decided against him though, went instead for Krisztián Németh, who I've had at Liverpool on previous games and was pretty damn good for me!

I think that's a good desicion. Jamil Adam is nowhere near good enough for the Championship in the first season, at least not attribute wise. I admit I haven't had him on any game yet though.

Anyways I'm having a pretty tough start to my 3rd season. I got all the big teams in the first 10 games. I have played 4 games, won 3 and lost agains Chelsea. In my two games at Stamford Bridge he's scored two screamers in the last minute to give Chelsea the three points. Next up Arsenal away, pessimistic before that one!

Here is what I've gone for then guys:

openingtransfers.jpg

Going to be much more of a struggle to get promoted this season, I can tell that already!! Out of the league cup (which I won 1st season last time round) already!! And getting some injuries here and there which isn't helping... Oh well, onward and upward!!

jamil adam scored 1 goal for me, didn't get many games. but his goal was against man city.

i am very confident of my second season. got some geat signings. and not only is the board upgrading youth facilities, it is upgrading training and stadium as well.

plus i expanded my scouting range to worldwide, hired some more scouts one is currently in north america one currently in brazil.

jamie blackwood (that newgen striker above) could be the next emile heskey.... what have i done >.<

jamie blackwood (that newgen striker above) could be the next emile heskey.... what have i done >.<

Hahaha!!! Top man!! Good luck with your 2nd season bro!

Some good signings there Mooki, I hope you do well mate.

Thanks man!

wait for mine, i signed a load before the board destroyed my transfer budget :(

wow van nistelrooys agent offered him to me, that guy is old now but fantastic, shame the board reduced my wage budget, would have loved him.

barca declared interest in sanogo, put value up to 30 million right away

alright, transfers are done, the board reducing everything didn't help. but i managed to pick up the more expencive players before they revised my budget (7 million is a joke...) had to shave 5 million off to fix the wage bill to sign anyone, possiblilty to use the 48 month thing as i really want a young midfielder.

first friendly against stockport, used a few new guys and the kids, only 1-0 win but dominant.

got high hopes of a mid table with what i have signed, got some fantastic quality in.

firstly last season i think

B09DEC64816EA5793D51A9846997A5800F2C144E

used my second keeper for the final match, won it 1-0 for a nice 102 point finish

3394F60A88B65BE274B0F12916894519C4CE7B9A

last seasons transfers

FE591ACF9C41F65FA0A6F996095D15AB352080BC

top scorer

probably best signing was wilfried, with delap not far behind, he was fantastic in the FA cup games, and added a lot for attacking and pressure.

AAARgh!!! In the January window and Karl Oysten is taking matters into his own hands and sold Matt Phillips right in front of my nose!! I had him playing on the reg for England on the last game- was my key player and now he's off to Wolves for a measly £5.5m... Abysmally gutted!!!!! I mean is it not enough that I've not spent a single penny and already earned money for him this season from transfers whilst still making a promotion push....

and my scorers in order.

68450BED29554403208B7795EE105B1B69A47F0C

17 people scored for me

and we move on to the premier league, plenty more players available. but little money

some highlights

4C925EF1BB099939CD40ACA21B1257022A9C532B

supposed to be the next vidic or a similar player to.

75D098CC7DCA03AD5EBFEFD2028E8F00AB118035

they guys on this forum say he is acctually the next vidic. not bad these defenders

651EB19C568B8AB2181AB9273A02C5B10F109603

just... erm...

Properly gutted. Most of the transfer was over 30odd months and stuff aswell (not that that really matters to me, it's just the principle). Replaced with Kelvin Etuhu, who didn't have a club (obv.), and had a trial with me pre-season... He wasn't good enough then and isn't now, but I'm desperate.

Archived