Cuba Fake League Questions

Jackreyes

I decided I'd have a mess around with the editor and I saw the option for a club/league to have a maximum age.

I assume this is for the U21/19/Reserve sides that are separate from the real teams. I thought it'd be fun to make a top flight league with this imposed though, so chose Cuba.

I gave all the teams about £100m to get them started, increased their reputations and the competition rep. just to see what would happen. I thought it might be an interesting youth development thing for Europe to exploit in a future save...

I'm currently running through a few seasons to see that it works, it's pretty basic so I don't have many concerns about that.

My first question is what happens when the players reach 22, because I know that will make them ineligible to play, but I can just imagine players being in their 30s still stuck in this new Cuban league, unable to play for 10 years. Will the AI be smart enough to not contract beyond the year they turn 21/22, and will it definitely sell the players, whether or not they request transfers due to lack of football?

Secondly, I increased the youth recruitment of all teams pretty heavily. I loaded up FMRTE, and of the Cuban regens the highest potential is 159, with most being abysmal. Is there any way to increase the general quality of regen coming from a country?

Finally, the North American Champions League thing, how would I go about having the winner of the Cuban league getting a place? Or is this not possible?

Thanks,

Jack

29609194545-orig.jpg

Looks like this answers my first question.

Any suggestions to combat this?

Edit:

In the hopes of at least letting the players unable to play in the main league get SOME football, I've created a reserve league, and I'm hoping U21s will now be able to play in this..

Seems like a non-fix still though.

I was playing around with something similar in FM11 right before the new version came out and had similar conclusions. If you keep playing with it and find a solution, I'd be really interested in hearing about it.

As for the other questions:

I don't know how you would go about changing the quality of regens in a nation. I've seen a "power regens" file floating around in various places. This file spreads the distribution of high PA regens around the world a bit more, so that you get some coming from places like Tahiti, Cambodia, Kazakhstan and Cuba, rather than all from Germany, Brazil, France, et cetera. So, it looks like it can be done.

I terms of the NACL, I don't know how the game draws Caribbean clubs into the competition in the 'boxed' version; you could certainly create a set of club continental rules to ensure they're in, but that would obviously involve re-creating the NACL.

---

Just a thought about the first problem:

I know there's a 'contract type' tab in the editor for clubs now - I haven't really looked at it, but I think you can specify a bunch of things about how a club sets a contract. You might be able to reinforce the maximum age there.

I was playing around with something similar in FM11 right before the new version came out and had similar conclusions. If you keep playing with it and find a solution, I'd be really interested in hearing about it.

As for the other questions:

I don't know how you would go about changing the quality of regens in a nation. I've seen a "power regens" file floating around in various places. This file spreads the distribution of high PA regens around the world a bit more, so that you get some coming from places like Tahiti, Cambodia, Kazakhstan and Cuba, rather than all from Germany, Brazil, France, et cetera. So, it looks like it can be done.

I terms of the NACL, I don't know how the game draws Caribbean clubs into the competition in the 'boxed' version; you could certainly create a set of club continental rules to ensure they're in, but that would obviously involve re-creating the NACL.

---

Just a thought about the first problem:

I know there's a 'contract type' tab in the editor for clubs now - I haven't really looked at it, but I think you can specify a bunch of things about how a club sets a contract. You might be able to reinforce the maximum age there.

That last suggestion might actually work. You can set each team role as being a Youth Contract only by the seems of it, and you can define the ages players are allowed to sign youth contracts.

I'll have a go at implementing it now, thanks for that.

I'll keep you updated on progress.

I'll also look into the NACL and try to find the regens thread you're talking about.

Thanks again.

Edit:

First try didn't work out, that was just me being dense though I think.

The Contract types thing doesn't seem to work, but there's a minimum age for a full contract setting, which can go up to 25. I think if I set Youth Contracts between 14 and 21, and Full contract > or = 25.. Then.. I can't see much room for error.

Oh, brilliant..

Now it's just not working :p

Edit 2:

Gone back to my last working DB edit save.

Set the minimum and maximum ages again, now running through the first season.

Hope it works this time, I'm getting a bit lost now.

This is impossible. The player in the screenshot above joins every time. Aged 21, 22 in September of the first season.

This time he's signed a youth contract till 2014, at which point he'll be 25, and has agreed to then sign a contract lasting till 2019. I don't want him sat wasting money for 8 seasons.

I could set the Maximum youth contract age to 20, but then there's still a chance of someone signing on till they're 25 and getting a full contract. And I feel that if I set it to 19, I'll be missing out on players.

I might try putting it to 19 though. For the time being.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Archived