The Scottish Prem style 'split' & Play off editing...

brightonrock

Hi guys

In editing terms I have previously not been that advanced- I've only ever really gone as far as downloading one of the 'activate lower divisions' DBCs like UncleRons, and then putting my sunday league team into the lowest level, maybe tweaking the main database with some transfers or CA/PA changes if I fancy. However I am planning on doing a bit more and creating a different structure for the English leagues this year, and I'm trying to get some practice in this week using the FM11 editor so I am ready when 12 comes out.

One of the changes would be to reduce the number of teams in the Prem to 16 - but this would mean only 30 games if it played 2 rounds, so I was thinking to have a Scottish Prem style split after 2 rounds, and make the top 8 and bottom 8 play another round amongst themselves. Is this possible to create using the editor/advanced editor at the moment? I have fiddled about but cannot find a way of making it work, not sure if its impossible, hidden away, or staring me in the face!

The second question I have is about play-offs. As part of my restructure, Blue Square North/South would become 3 divisions - Conference North, South & Midlands. The top team from each division would be promoted to the Conference Premier, with 3 being relegated from CP to be distributed into the 3 regional sub-divisions. However I'd like Play-offs to then take place between the 4th bottom side in BSP and the runners up in CN, CS & CM. Is it possible to make this happen, where teams from different divisions enter a play-off structure?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Yes. If you add the three divisions into a parent structure (BSS/N is the example in the game) you can have teams from different leagues at the same level entering into playoffs. As long as you keep the number of teams as the same for each league.

And there should be an option to create a league with a split using the editor. I can't remember how right now but I'll have a play.

Archived