Editor Help Needed - Adding a new Nation and Continental Competition.

Bilzey

I'm attempting to make a database for the British Virgin Island League, which I have done. Standing alone, it works fine, nothing wrong with it. I have also made another database, in which I've remade the North American contests, and added the Caribbean Club Championship and the CONACAF Champions League. Now, this also works well alone.

However, when I turn both files on, I get an error message, saying "Continental Competition BVI Football Championship should not have a nation set." BVI Football Championship is in fact, the top division of the British Virgin Islands. I've also merged both files in the editor, and nowhere does it claim that the BVI FC is a continental competition.

I'm at my wits end here and I've been trying to fix this for 6 hours with no luck. Can anyone shed a bit of light?

Thanks

Bilzey

I'm attempting to make a database for the British Virgin Island League, which I have done. Standing alone, it works fine, nothing wrong with it. I have also made another database, in which I've remade the North American contests, and added the Caribbean Club Championship and the CONACAF Champions League. Now, this also works well alone.

Blizey,

When you re-created the CONCACAF Champions League did you manage to get it to choose the right teams from Mexico? If so, how?

Blizey,

When you re-created the CONCACAF Champions League did you manage to get it to choose the right teams from Mexico? If so, how?

I believe so, it's set to get the top 4 teams from Mexico every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar problem. It was fixed when I redid the continental competition without merging. Do you need to reference a specific team for some reason? IIRC continental competitions only reference the continental competition (not the domestic competition), the nation (if you edited this use the entry you changed), and if applicable, a specific team.

Archived