you dont win anything with kids. well, i intend to try

hi,

i'll use real names here which i dont always do but it will help explain where i'm coming from.

just starting a new aston villa save where i've removed the 10 players who have just been released and put ashley young and stewart downing up for sale because i want to stick to what villa IRL have to deal with and dont want any wantaway stars in my team.

anyway, i've got a settlied front line, know what i expect from them, and the same at the back.

which leaves me to sort out a 4 man midfield.

now villa, as you know, tend to play to their strengths which are wingers getting tricky balls into the box. but now we've only really got marc albrighton left.

we also have the huge potential of fabian delph and barry bannan (who was once described as the new iniesta). and i'll also play with a destroyer, jean makoun.

the way i see it, makoun is a ballwinner, delph has the attributes of a box to box midfielder, albrighton can only really play on the wings but bannan is a creative force and it seems silly to stick him out wide left. or does it.

and that's the quandry i face. can see three of those in a central midfield and one winger.

how would YOU set up these four to make use of their differing attributes??

Why not have Bannan out wide, but have him cut inside? Obviously that depends on what foot he prefers and what wing you play him on, but it's just a suggestion.

thanks forgot he could cut inside.... my problem is that i'm tempted to play him as a DLP but i think as a wide midfielder with a greater propensity to TTB rather than cross this might be the best option

Archived