The use off Passing

Hi all ive recently started trying to use my own tactics after years of just downloading supertactics off the net and at the moment am having trouble sorting out a passing style for my players, i look at if the player has a prefered move and select that players passing style to the relevant one.

But when a player hasnt got one what is best to pick?

Ive heard anyone with a passing stat of over 15 should be selected as mixed, but what about people under that?

i play an attacking style of play so didnt know if that made a difference either, i keep getting a report in match saying we are giving away possesion too much.

It depends really on the type of team you are managing and the type of football you want them to play. I have Liverpool and have my strategy set as Fluid. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 Attack/Control formation changing to counter when Away against big sides where I am not favorite. I have my two Centre Backs on the last click of Short(5), my 3 Attacking Players on the first click of Direct(15) and the remaining six players on middle Mixed (10). I have the Team Passing on Default for normal use but use the Direct setting on long pitches or when it is adverse weather conditions, wet/windy etc. I am not a fan of Short passing in the EPL as only Arsenal has the players capable of playing that way in my opinion. I think it is better suited to the more technical leagues like Spain for example. The reason I have my two CB's on short is that when I had them on Direct or Mixed they tend to hoof the ball up the field to clear it and which resulted more times than not in my losing possession. On short they tend to play the ball out of trouble or make a short pass to a team mate, but you need good centre backs to do this I have Agger and Kjaer.

Edit: Also check out the thread here on Time Wasting which has a huge amount of effect on possession stats.

Archived