what makes a successful forum for FM

Content - Things that interest me (graphics etc...). The wider range content you have the more people you will attract as some love tactical analysis but others love making GFX.

Active staff team - If you have 10 people who are active then that is your base, everyone else will slot into this.

Investment - No .freeforum.bad or whatever, a solid investment really signals intent of the ambition of the site.

Unique ideas - If it is the same as every other forum and offers the same content then it won't appeal to me. It needs to give something new to the scene not just a community like lots of forums use as their plug. FM Fanboys is a great example of a unique site with lots of ideas.

Nice layout/Skin - Something nice and simple to navigate with an easy colour scheme and header. Nothing tacky or too uninspired does a lot for first impressions.

Thanks for your thoughts :) they will be considered ':) do you no is it best to use a software to make a forum or use a internet based one, i will try to think of some unique ideas, before setting up and before setting up i will ask you what you think of my unique ideas, because you seem to no what your talking about :) thankyou

I use Invision Power, it is expensive but their updates, software and help is nowhere near competed with. Plus they have downloads, articles, image/video uploader add ons.

Ok sure, if you want to Email me (Dec@FMHVibe.co.uk) I will get back to you. I would say before investing get a decent team and have a decent amount of content to attract members.

Archived