Creating a new country - Not part of FIFA

Giziar

I was wondering as I read about some quirks about creating countries that it's best to replace one with another.

Can you safely add a country but make it Non-FIFA?

(and yes I do realise that it means the country won't play the World Cup and so but I'm wondering about Continental competitions and Continental Club competitions)

I believe Martinique and Guadeloupe do something like that (play in the Gold Cup but not the World Cup). Not sure if FM reflects this but try playing around with them, maybe replace one of them and change the confederation and see what happens by holidaying the save

This is from the wikipedia page for the Martinique football team; I know its not particularly accurate source but it answers part of the question.

As an overseas department of the French Republic, Martinique is not a member of FIFA and is therefore not eligible to enter the FIFA World Cup or any competition organized first-hand by the organization. Martiniquais, being French citizens, are eligible to play for the France national football team. Martinique is, however, a member of CONCACAF and CFU and is eligible for all competitions organized by both organizations. Indeed, according to the status of the FFF (article 34, paragraph 6): "[...]Under the control of related continental confederations, and with the agreement of the FFF, those leagues can organize international sport events at a regional level or set up teams in order to participate to them." A special rule of the CONCACAF Gold Cup only allows players to join the team if they have not played for France during the past five years. On the other side, any player joining Martinique is allowed to join the France national team after-wards without any time restrictions.

As far as creating new Non-FIFA nations in the editor I can't say that I have tried but I don't see it being a problem, there may be a way to qualify them for continental competions but in my game at least it seems that Martinique DO NOT play in the Gold Cup so ther may be a limitation in the games design that prevents this special case.

I'm not entirely sure this is what you meant. This is my new nation in a new continent created entirely by me, before I started mucking about with it all. http://www.mediafire.com/?0tpyw9468fyy2p9

To do what I did, you need to edit the editor (ha!) so that you can a) Add new nations, b) Add new continents c) Change the unique ID of continents. There is a guide on thedugout to add nations but not for creating continents, you'll have to work that out in much the same way. The reason I'm not using the first continent created is I think the game reserves that continent for itself so I'd always make two and use the second one.

Feel free to use abuse and generally do whatever you want with that database.

Archived