4-2-3-1, basic and solid.

Current formation I am using with Aston Villa.

GK- Defend

FB-defend

CB-defend

CB-defend

FB-defend

CMR-centre mid, defend

CML-centre mid, support

AMR-winger attack

AMC-attacking mid attack

AML-winger support

ST-Advanced forward, attack

All team instructions are set to default, except marking, where i use zonal marking.

The only tweak I use is the defensive line, sometimes away from home against teams who have quick forwards i set it to the very middle as opposed to its normal position.

Against teams such as Stoke who have Kenwyne etc I keep it as normal.

First season I finished seventh, eight points ahead of eigth.

Lost 1-0 to Spurs in FA cup final.

Lost in quarter final of europa leageu to atleti, despite beating them away from home and lost in league cup semi final to Chelsea thanks to a 93rd min demba ba goal at stamford bridge.

First season record was: w 17, d 15, l 6. Goals for, 58, against 38, points 66

currently in second season: w 10, d 3, l 2. Goals for 30, against 13, points 33, having just beat MUtd 3-0 at home.

No idea why your posting this without a question.

I assume your asking for feedback.

The main idea behind a basic 4-2-3-1 is to have 2 holding midfielders meaning 2 Midfilders on Defend duty or if you need more attacking bite, have one of them on a DLP role on support but don't have him as your the playermaker. With 2 Midfielders holding the fort, the AMC will be your player maker (the key player) He is like a trequartista but he offers defensive support as well hence the reason why he is surrounded by players to support him.

You seem like your kinda playing a basic 4-4-1-1 variation with wingers pushed up in an advanced position.

You are very rigid with your defenders. You could be using your FBs more to support the wingers and build up play in the opposing half. Everything else looks fine.

Archived