'Complacent against teams with lower reputation'

I'm constantly getting this message from my ass man. And is there a way to avoid that? Any particular instructions or tips, anything? Its not a big deal tho but I'm trying to creat a flawless formation for my Juventus team 2018/2019 and this is really annoying me :) thanks!

I guess that is the right thing to do. And yes, I know that there is no such thing as flawless but just as a figure of speech called it that way. Thanks anyways. Cheers

It's likely to stem from two issues:

1. You keep winning against lower Reputation teams. It's an unfortunate by-product of being successful that players will tend towards complacency in low reputation matches.

2. You are failing to sufficiently motivate your players prior to these game.

You cannot do much about point one.

For point two you need to understand that top quality players will sometimes find these types of matches the hardest to be motivated about. It is easy to be motivated for a big game when you are a top player, compared to playing some cannon fodder side.

You need to take steps to "build up" the importance and demands and pressure of these minor matches. You need to challenge your players, ask questions about their motivation, say you expect a win, say you will try even harder to win, say you "Expect a Performance" say whatever is necessary to wake your players up and get them performing.

Build up the pressure for small games, reduce it for big games. That's my approach to managing a successful side.

Archived