New competition will not roll over to following season

leobell20

Hi I created a new champions league style competition yesterday running alongside the existing competition, followed the instructions I have seen on other posts on this site as well as the tutorial videos on youtube, then loaded up the game and played through the entire season yesterday my created competition was great.

My problem is I am now in October of my second season and the competition seems to have stopped no draws have been made no mention of it ever again since the final, it did not appear in the season summary page at the end of the season either, and when I click on it it still shows the final with no indication of when it will start up again.

Was there anything in particular I should of added in the editor I realise it will be difficult for people to respond without screen shots, but unfortunately do not have access to those at the moment as laptop is playing up.

I set the competition up to run from august to may with the season update in June but it does not seem to have done this all other competitions have updated and progressed as normal and for the life of me I cannot see where I have gone wrong,

is there maybe something specific in the editor that enables created competitions to continue year on year?

Thanks in advance

To locate the problem you have to post details about the league and competitions you created. Which teams are qualified for the competition? Are there conflicts with the existing Champions League (same clubs?) etc.

The game selected teams from the champions league and Europa league at random when I tested it out in my season games where rearranged slightly in my competition but it was still completed on time and without causing any fixture clashes with champions league or Europa league.

I think the problem could be that you added it as a domestic main cup. That conflicts with the FA Cup. Try to change it to "other cup".

I had it as other cup previously before I changed it to domestic main cup and still the same problem could it be any thing to do with the dates maybe? not allowing it enough time to update for the following season?

I think the problem could be that you added it as a domestic main cup. That conflicts with the FA Cup. Try to change it to "other cup".
I think that KUBI is correct.

I may have to delete the whole competition and re create it again, as I created it I had it as other cup and it did not continue past the first season,

so changed it to domestic main cup and again did not pass first season.

So I will try completely removing it and re creating it from scratch.

Did the previous season's cup have a winner? I set up a cup, i didnt have penalties or extra time set so the final went to a replay. another draw and another replay. Eventually after 3 replays all ending in a draw the season ended with the cup having no winner.

The following season the cup didnt happen, I guess cos season 1's competition never finished.

Did the previous season's cup have a winner? I set up a cup, i didnt have penalties or extra time set so the final went to a replay. another draw and another replay. Eventually after 3 replays all ending in a draw the season ended with the cup having no winner.

The following season the cup didnt happen, I guess cos season 1's competition never finished.

It did have a winner yes I set it to extra time and penalties, Its working now and rolling over season after season after following previous posters advice and changing it to cup in foreign country I am now four seasons in it has happened every season along side all domestic cups and champions league.

Thanks for all assistance and suggestions.

Archived