Help!. Nothing shows up

AustSaint

I have tried and tried to install graphics and facepacks into my game, I have reinstalled a few times and then tried different things to see if that will work. I installed by disc using the advanced option, then created my own custom directory for the game, C:\games\fm. The game works, I can play it but nothing I downloaded appears. I have a graphics folder in which I can see what I have downloaded, but it doesn't apply when I either start a game or reload a game. I have unchecked the skin cache and clicked always reload when starting. i am using windows vista home premium 32 bit. So does anybody have any advice on what I can do to be able to see facepacks and logos in my game?, any advice is welcome.

any help?...I have installed the game, the update..downloaded the facepack(the mega one) and the logos(metallic) and I can see them in their folders, but they don't load when I play the game. I haven't checked the skin cache and I have clicked the reload option. The things are there in my graphics folder\players and graphics folder\logos.

so this will mean the graphics won't work? so I should reinstall it to this location?

so this location is wrong?

C:\games\fm\graphics\players

Yes that is indeed the wrong location. It seems a lot of people get this wrong even though it is stated all over the guides that the graphics need to go in your own "Documents" folder.

so when I download the game it needs to be documents not in the c drive?...

Wah!?

No - let the game do it's thing. When you install the game it auto creates a folder in your documents called Sports Interactive. Within that there is a folder called Football Manager 2010.

THIS is created specifically for us to download user based content into without screwing up the game. And THIS is where you need to download the content you find.

Easy?

Archived