Underperforming AMC (4-1-2-1-2)

Hey guys. I'm playing as Real Madrid at the moment and I've been trying to change to develop a new tactic. I'm in the second season at the moment after winning everything in the first season. I was playing 4-1-2-1-2 with both wingers set to make forward runs as often as possible.

Now, for some reason, my AMC is never having a good game, regardless of whoever is playing there. Ballack, Sneijder, and van der Vaart all having been having incredibly bad games.

My DMC is Lassana Diarra, my two wingers making forward runs (from the standard MC position) are Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo, and my two strikers are van Nistelrooy and Balotelli. Both my wingers score quite freely, sometimes more often than my strikers, but as I said my AMC, regardless of who is there performs really badly.

I've tried disabling free role and I've tried playing with the creative freedom toggle and nothing seems to be helping. Is there a reason for this? Should I use a different tactic?

I've got a very narrow 4-4-2 Diamond (4-1-2-1-2) but it use's two MC's and not two Wingers. My AMC always seems to link up the play between my two strikers and I've never had a problem with it. Its the "Attempt to create a tactic for AC Milan" thread. Take a look if you want.

Judging by that screenie he didn't hit the target once with his 7 shots which is very poor. Maybe ask him to thread more through balls and ask him to RWB more and see how he reacts. If you can tell he isn't suceeding then turn it down to mixed again. Maybe's it's also worth telling him not to shoot anymore bcause he seems rubish at it :p

Archived