Winger Cross

I always have my fullbacks on high(ish) close down, hard tackling and if you still struggle always set instructions to show the oppo winger onto weaker foot? Plus I find tight, man marking works well at this level. What's your defensive line setting?

The opposition might be playing a more direct game and finding space behind your fullbacks try dropping your line back a couple of notches and see if there's an improvement. Also are the wingers being running into space and the ball knocked into their path or are they skinning your fullbacks? If they're running into space, where are the passes coming from? Have you got any forward runners in your tactics? I found forward runs at this level just confuses the hell out of my team and players got caught out of position often so I ditched them all.

Edit: You might want to take this to the Tactics forum btw

one thing that I oftenly found if i'm using high closing down in side-backs (WB or fullbacks), is that my right fullback (in this case is Eboue) will be dragged out of position. The oppst winger will pass back to his forward-running Wb, the Wb lob the ball over my WB's head to his WG, and the oppst WG ping in one good cross.

Pay attention towards your FB / WB positioning, because sometimes this play a vital role in determining your FB in good pos or not. And also your mentality and closing down. I lower my right-back mentality because Eboue tends to roam forward rather than anchoring his feet in my own half. Another PI that leads to attacking like cross ball, through ball, reduce to mixed, or rarely if you wish. And finally, creative freedom, lowering it would give immediate effect, in my opinion.

cheers.

anyway, your name sounds familiar to me MbahGondrong.

Archived