Can acceleration improve with training? How much?

I have just signed a future prospect. he has class stats in all the right areas however his acceleration and pace are only 14. I would like this to be more like 16, maybe even 17.

He is only 17 so with the right training (aerobic / strength) is it possible to improve his acceleration?

thanks

Yes it is possible but increasing physical attributes by 3-4 points is not an easy task. If he is close to his potential you will have to encourage drops in other attributes, and even then it may take several years.

Why only 3/4 points? I mean this sounds like a how long is a piece of string question to me. Surely someone can become much faster with better acceleration from tha age of 15/16 to the ages between 25-28 when your body is at its physical peak? So in my opinion you shouldn't worry about how much he can improve but how...

Isn't it also true that aerobics is the first class of attribues that are affected by age so it becomes increasingly harder to train and that this process might start very early maybe even in the early twenties?

Isn't it also true that aerobics is the first class of attribues that are affected by age so it becomes increasingly harder to train and that this process might start very early maybe even in the early twenties?

what about FLAIR?

Archived