Service To Strikers

Seeing as a feature i have requested for the past 2 FM games was completely ignored, i need to ask for some help involved with the service to my strikers.

Basically, one of my frequent strike partnerships is between 2 players who are very good finishers and have great pace BUT, are not good in the air at all.

All i want to do is tell my players to try over the top balls for my strikers to run onto with their far superior pace and hopefully beat the oppositions keeper in 1 on 1 situations.

The only advise i've been given to attempt this is to set my team instruction passing style to 'long', i.e. all the way to the right. But i'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, surely long balls means pumping the ball forward for the strikers to compete with oppositional CB's in the air which would be the opposite to what i want to achieve. I also try putting all 4 midfielders with through balls set to 'often' but this doesnt usually work.

Suggestions?

Seeing as a feature i have requested for the past 2 FM games was completely ignored, i need to ask for some help involved with the service to my strikers.

Basically, one of my frequent strike partnerships is between 2 players who are very good finishers and have great pace BUT, are not good in the air at all.

All i want to do is tell my players to try over the top balls for my strikers to run onto with their far superior pace and hopefully beat the oppositions keeper in 1 on 1 situations.

The only advise i've been given to attempt this is to set my team instruction passing style to 'long', i.e. all the way to the right. But i'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, surely long balls means pumping the ball forward for the strikers to compete with oppositional CB's in the air which would be the opposite to what i want to achieve. I also try putting all 4 midfielders with through balls set to 'often' but this doesnt usually work.

Suggestions?

you could set these strikers as target men and set 'target man supply' to 'run onto ball'.

However, most of the material on these forums suggests that having two clinical finishers as strikers is unwise. It's better to have one clinical finisher and another who plays a little deeper, and is more involved in forming attacks.

you could set these strikers as target men and set 'target man supply' to 'run onto ball'.

However, most of the material on these forums suggests that having two clinical finishers as strikers is unwise. It's better to have one clinical finisher and another who plays a little deeper, and is more involved in forming attacks.

Using target man would only apply to one of the strikers though. Hence my suggestion ages ago for a fature of 'service to strikers' in team instructions with similar choices to target man supply.

At your second point, there are plenty of examples of teams playing two strikers who are clinical finishers rather than one target man etc. As a manager on this game, i shouldn't be restricted to sticking to what works, the match engine should be open to different tactics like this.

Using target man would only apply to one of the strikers though. Hence my suggestion ages ago for a fature of 'service to strikers' in team instructions with similar choices to target man supply.

At your second point, there are plenty of examples of teams playing two strikers who are clinical finishers rather than one target man etc. As a manager on this game, i shouldn't be restricted to sticking to what works, the match engine should be open to different tactics like this.

Having two Michael Owens wouldn't be beneficial to the team. One of the players could have a different role in which they contribute a lot more to the build-up of attacks.

What if you set both of those players to 'target man'? Wouldn't that provide them both with the long balls?

Having two Michael Owens wouldn't be beneficial to the team. One of the players could have a different role in which they contribute a lot more to the build-up of attacks.

What if you set both of those players to 'target man'? Wouldn't that provide them both with the long balls?

I have always assumed that using a target man means using one man as a target, hence man not men. I may be wrong.

Can anyone clarify this please.

Archived