Perhaps I'm just not getting it...

I feel like I've tried literally EVERYTHING I can think of, but it just doesn't seem to have ANY EFFECT WHATSOEVER. I'm not angry, just bemused.

Problem 1

CANNOT boss midfield. The oppo. just has so much space to knock the ball around. I've tried higher closing down, changing the mentalities of both the DM and the AM and altering the D-Line, but NOTHING WORKS. Any suggestions as to how people set this up for their tactics would be great.

Problem 2

CANNOT keep possession. I've tried long, direct, short, position specific passing, global settings, upping and lowering the tempo and width, but my teams are incapable of keeping the ball. Obviously, if you can't keep the ball, you cant win a game of football. Again, any advice?

Problem 3

My players just seem to wave the oppo. through. Not a tack in sight. They just kind of run up to them, dither around for a bit and then decide they don't fancy it much. This just means that the oppo. players can pick their passes with ease.

Part of me wants to throw my hands up and say 'you win! this game is way too hard', but I can't do it. I want to enjoy the game and put some kind of decent team together but I am beginning to feel that I'm never going to get it, though.

All of your players have closing down set to whole pitch, bring that down to own area and also your strikers and wingers mentality is too high, at they moment they are too attack crazed and will not pass just attack on their own, have your strikers set to 14 and wingers to 12. Try making one of your central midfielders a play maker this will improving your attacking, also you don't have any players to free role try setting one of your strikers to free role this will improve his movement and should create more chances. One of your strikers is set to hold up ball this will just slow down attack so don't have him holding up the ball.

Wow! Just noticed your tempo is extremely high which is not good for any team, this will mean your team misplacing a hell of alot of passes which is probably why your having possession problems, lower this alot I would set to 9 and also set your width to 13 this should cause more improvement. Finally most importantly! Consistency; don't keep changing your tactics and espically formations, keep a tactic for 10+ games not just 1 game.

Finally most importantly! Consistency; don't keep changing your tactics and espically formations, keep a tactic for 10+ games not just 1 game.

I will try tactics over a period of 10 games. If it works keep it for season upon season, seems to be the best way.

Hobgob.

The link in my signature has quite a bit on passing which results in possession for me of at least 75% per game. If I get that I consider it ok.

LAM

Archived