Getting youngsters to reach full potential

Hi All

I have been playing my FM game for about 14 seasons now, steadily rising through the divisions with Bournemouth till now where im starting to finish in the top 6 in the Prem. To get through the lower leagues i would mostly pick up free transfers which was all fine, but now im up near the top ive had to go for a different strategy.

I now have about 10 scounts looking round the major leagues in europe and when they find good potential in a youngster i try and pick them up and play them in my main squad so that they develop their full potential into stars. This worked really effectivly with a midfielder that i picked up for 1m when he was 18 and sold three years later to R Madrid for 40m.

The problem is now im challenging for the title i dont want to bring in 17 year olds than wont be able to compete but i still want to get them to reach their full protential. My main question is is there any way to do this? Perhaps putting them in the reserves, but then i guess they tond train as quickly? Sending them off on loan? but then they wont have the training regieme and coaches that i do?

I cant just buy tallent as i have a 25000 seater stadium that just makes me a small profit with a low (for prem) wage bill of around 350k pw, i am trying to save enough to move stadiums one day.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I always set my youngsters on a decent training schedule then get them tutored by someone with higher mental abilities. Also look to play them in the cups against weaker opposition. Then in my home premier league games against teams weaker than me I give them a game but if I have a youngster on say the left wing I play an experienced or better play on the right, if I have a young targetman and play him I play a older more established stiker with him. Playing games is the most important I always find that tutoring from players with high mental attributes also helps.

Archived