Kits

Dalimyr

I've been messing around with kits a wee bit and seem to have hit a little annoying snag. I've been playing with Man Utd, and I know that kits will display both on the team information screen and on the 3D pitch...but there appear to be "alternate" kits that are displayed on the 3D pitch. I played the game and Man Utd had their usual red shirt and white shorts while playing Sunderland. In the following games against Blackburn and Zenit, United had their red shirt and black shorts. I initially wondered if it was a glitch and the shorts were black because the image hadn't been read properly or something, but I could see the AIG logo clear as day on the info screen. So I decided to test it - I set United's blue third kit to be their home kit. Watched highlights of the Sunderland game and indeed they were playing in blue as I expected. Watched highlights of the Zenit game, and they were still in red shirts and black shorts. Sunderland had been playing in their navy away kit, so this seems to be linked with the fact that Blackburn and Zenit both had white in their kit so there was a risk of kits clashing or something. Is there a way for me to fix this so I can always have custom kits being displayed?

I dunno if I've explained this too well, so I've got some piccies.

UnitedWhite.png

This is what I expect to see in most games.

UnitedBlack.png

When the opposition is in white, though, United wear black shorts.

United3rd.png

United can wear custom kits (like here in their third kit against Sunderland) just fine if they're meant to be in the red/white. If they're in red/black, I can't change it to anything else.

I know that with some teams you can change the kit by adding the year on the end of the line in the .xml file (e.g. record from="arsenal_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/kit_textures/home/2008"). Is there a similar sort of thing that can be done here?

It's not so much a question that concerns me with United in that particular game, but I do have a tendency in career games of sometimes making quite drastic changes to my team's kit as the years progress and this could screw that up which would annoy me a bit.

The game will change parts of the kits if they clash - so Man Utds white shorts clash with Zenits white shorts so they wear black shorts, the slight problem with this is that the game replaces the whole kit with a default kit, rather than just replacing your shorts graphic with default black shorts.

I'm not sure whether this is a colour change that is set by the researcher or if it happens to all teams (my FC United team where the same colours as Man Utd, but I've only ever seen the game give them white socks, I've never been given black shorts).

Archived